Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

My Stonehell campaign part I
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Promotion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merkav
Strategoi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, can't game without the GM!

Can you not make 9 PM or can you not make any time this Friday?
GiGGles
Strategoi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well just game it and tell the DM what happened.. Smile
Demiurge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merkav wrote:
Well, can't game without the GM!

Can you not make 9 PM or can you not make any time this Friday?

9 PM is fine with me but something came up for this Friday night.
Metathiax
Demiurge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiGGles wrote:
Well just game it and tell the DM what happened.. Smile

Where would be the fun in that? Wink
Ninja Vanish
Strategoi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a different day?
Metathiax
Demiurge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Vanish wrote:
What about a different day?

The next weekend is pretty much booked. I wouldn't mind playing either Saturday or Sunday of the one after it but I think some of the other guys can only make it on Fridays or Saturdays.
dnd_dad
Strategoi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, I haven't been getting any updates either. post a day and I'll see if I can make it.
Metathiax
Demiurge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dnd_dad wrote:
hmm, I haven't been getting any updates either. post a day and I'll see if I can make it.

I suggested Friday the 28th at 9:00 PM.
Metathiax
Demiurge

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Present :

Baldern String III (1st level Gnome Rogue/Illusionist) played by Giggles
Caul "Shivers" Tenway (1st level Cambion Fighter) played by Logicmage
Draiken Hawke (1st level Human Ranger) played by NinjaVanish
Kram (1st level Human Rogue) played by Kram
Merkav al-Kithaini (1st level Half-Orc Priest of Kithain) played by Merkav
Xendari Skyfire (1st level Cambion Wizard) played by dnd_dad

Absent :

No one!

Episode III recap :

Battered by their battle with the goblins, the party barred the room's door and set camp for the night. A sinister mixture of laughter, arguing, and muttering could be heard outside. The adventurers disregarded the sounds but Caul still slept with his back against the door to be warned against the intrusion of any unexpected visitor.

After having rested, they moved on the explore the rest of first floor of the gatehouse's northern aisle. They first entered an empty room featuring arrow slits which once allowed the gatehouse's inhabitants to defend their main entrance. They next moved on to the next room down the corridor.

They were welcomed by the blade of a grey-claded ranger backed by a wizard with sling in hand, expecting trouble in what appeared to be an old bedroom. After their initial surprise and stand-off, they mutually lowered their weapons and introduced themselves. The party had just met Draiken and Xendari who were exploring the canyon on their own when they encountered the goblins which now laid dead in the next room.

They learned that they were part of the Wolf Gang tribe which have all but been slaughtered in the course of a tribal war against the Open Sore orc tribe down on the first level of the Stonehell Dungeon. They were fleeing for their life and wanted to regroup and plan a counterattack from the gatehouse. Using flashing swordplay and magic display, Draiken and Xendari managed to convince them that they were powerful adventurers and that they were going to help them destroy the orc tribe in exchange for their obedience. The party and the two newcomers agreed to join forces in their expedition, exited the gatehouse, and head back in the canyon in search of Stonehell's entrance.

They decided to climb back to the cave that exuded the carrion smell up the canyon's northern cliff. They entered the cave and found the savaged carcass of a deer of which Draiken rapidly attributed the killing to a mountain lion which fortunately was not home at the time. Undeterred, they went deeper into the cave and found an abandoned residence in the middle of which laid a skeletal corpse clad in chain mail, sword and shield aside. The warrior Caul was quick to trade is leather armor for the chain mail. Merkav blessed the corpse in the name of Kithain and the party climbed down the cliff wall, Kram nearly falling to his death.

Baldern went back to examine Aguierre's statue standing among the ruins of an old building, pushing at its sword and helm, looking for a trap door. Meanwhile, Xendari was looking for useful herbs that grew in the area and picked up some mushrooms at the base of some pine trees which he quickly recognized to have pain killing properties. The party then moved on to another cave on the canyon's southern cliff and were greeted by a large black bear upon entering which, although not hostile, stood up on his hind legs to intimidate the intruders who quickly backed out of his lair, unharmed.

A man-made entrance, also on the south cliff, then caught their attention. As the party made their way in, they were overcome with a chill and a feeling of unease. Despite the vile atmosphere, Draiken ventured in the room and lit up a torch whose light had difficulty penetrating the darkness. His infravision-gifted companions moved stealthily further towards a second communicating room and made out skeletons standing idly in formation, cloaked in unnatural darkness. As Baldern's curiosity got the better of him and lead him to a third opposing room, the rest of the party tried to attract the skeletons' attention.

As they animated, the broadsword wielding skeletons mechanically lifted their skull and fixed their blue glowing eye sockets on the living. The party proceeded to move back out of the rooms into the canyon hoping to lure their undead pursuers into the entrance's bottleneck, accidentally trapping Baldern inside in the process. The gnome hid in from the skeletons in a room featuring an octagonal stone altar mounted by a hemisphere covered in barely legible profane writings. The rest of the party exited the room and Draiken threw his torch at an incoming skeleton.

Caul then blocked the entrance with his shield but a skeleton's broadsword somehow found a breach through his shield wall and stabbing him seriously. Caul backed away in the canyon and all six skeletons simply stopped at the rooms' entrance appearing to be unable to step outside. Lacking any powerful missile weapons, the party first resorted to using slings and throwing rocks but they got impatient at the thought of having to lapidate the undead to destruction.

Caul, Kram, and Draiken went back at the entrance to confront them in melee, fought valiantly, and destroyed the first wave but were severely injured by the second. Draiken retreated to tend his wounds as Merkav cast an Allay spell in an attempt to help Caul, who soon fell unconscious nonetheless, while Xendari cast Force Bolts to hold off the walking dead.

Baldern, still trapped inside, examined the altar which dominated the room. He managed to decipher vague allusions to an imprisoned evil deity and felt a chilling sensation as he touched it. As soon as he did, two of the skeletal rear guards turned their attention towards the daring gnome. He first tried to dropkick one of them without success, avoided their attacks, and then tried to evade them with acrobatics. Out of luck, his maneuver failed and, as he bumped into his assailants, the skeletons slashed him to unconsciousness.

Out of spells, Xendari fell back to his sling to support his companions but accidentally struck Kram in the back of the head and knocked his lights out. As the odds turned against the adventurers, Merkav implored Kithain's power to hide him from the undead's sight. Under the cover of invisibility, Merkav managed to finish off the three remaining skeletons who swung blindly at their attacker with his trusty maul along with the help of Draiken and Xendari, and saved the day.

To be continued...

GiGGles
Strategoi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now we need the next one... its less embarassing..
Strategoi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If folks are having notification problems should we switch to email? Perhaps all pm meta and let him start an email chain?
dnd_dad
Strategoi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I clicked on the get notified link, and I got a notification for the late update. I don't think there is anything going on for me on the 28th, so I will say I should be able to be on.
Metathiax
Demiurge

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Present :

Baldern String III (1st level Gnome Rogue/Illusionist) played by Giggles
Draiken Hawke (1st level Human Ranger) played by NinjaVanish
Kram (1st level Human Rogue) played by Kram
Merkav al-Kithaini (1st level Half-Orc Priest of Kithain) played by Merkav

Absent :

Caul "Shivers" Tenway (1st level Cambion Fighter) played by Logicmage
Xendari Skyfire (1st level Cambion Wizard) played by dnd_dad

Episode IV recap :

After a grueling battle with the skeletons which left half the party unconscious, the remaining members removed their bones and scattered them outside the cave. The evil taint and unnatural darkness which permeated the rooms dissipated. Unsure on where to rest to heal wounds and regain spells, they decided to remain in this unhallowed place for a full two days, counting on its infamy for protection.

On their first night in, near midnight, they received a visit from the spirits of the ancient soldiers who thanked the adventurers for freeing them from their undead curse before dissipating to their afterlife. The fully rejuvenated party was now ready to resume their exploration of the canyon.

Spooked by the altar, the party decided to leave it alone, left the cave's protection and travelled west following the canyon's southern cliff wall. Arriving in the western half of the canyon, which Baldern had previously glimpsed when he climbed up the canyon's wall, they saw larger groves of trees, another ruined building and the canyon ending on a large man-made archway carved into the rock. A waterfall dropped from the northern cliff and collected into a pool and a steep and narrow trail led up the southern cliff to natural caves and further.

The party first moved near a large grove of trees. As Baldern entered the copse of elm, maple, and oak trees, he appeared to morph into one of them, much to his companions' astonishment. The gnome's training with the illusionary arts allowed him to acknowledge the grove for what it really was, an old and elaborate spell which made anyone who stepped within its bounds appear as trees. The spell has been fading with the passage of time and glitches could be noticed from time to time but it was convincing enough for most unwary onlookers.

As the remainder of the party approached the illusionary forest, a voice prompted them to stop and they were asked to part with their pouch in exchange for their life. Draiken located the sound coming from the north-east corner of the grove and Kram simply uttered "NO" to which the invisible interlocutor answered by throwing a dagger in his way which the rogue easily dodged.

A fight ensued with the unseen assailants from the cover of the invisibility provided by the illusionary forest. Kram and Merkav chose to remain at the grove's border while Baldern and Draiken took advantage of the protection it provided. Two of the assailants were quickly dispatched in chaotic blind combat from mutually invisible combatants who occasionally collided with each other. Two of the party's adversaries, soon discovered to be brigands, made a run for it out of the illusionary forest, one of whom was intercepted and knocked unconscious by Draiken charging out from the cover of invisibility. The other was fleeing up the trail running up the southern cliff of the canyon when Merkav convincingly ordered him to drop his weapons and surrender, which he did. The party members retrieved the black and yellow checkered scarves the brigands wore and relieved them of their copper coins as well.

The half-orc tried to interrogate the prisoner but he refused to say who he was working for out of fear of retaliation. Barnabas, that was his name, only explained that he fell into banditry to escape poverty and feed his family. The cowardly and simple minded brigand mentioned that his band recently recruited lots of new members to compensate for the group's severe losses. Apparently, they are headquartered near Stonehell and often looted unsuspecting adventurers and, sometimes, even boldly ventured into the infamous dungeon.

The party first offered Barnabas to work for them as a henchmen with promise of pay but Merkav later had a change of heart and offered him a dagger and a pouch full of copper coins in exchange for a promise to abandon his criminal life. He gladly accepted the priest's generous offer and went on his way.

As Baldern washed at the waterfall, the rest of the party summarily inspected the ruined building. They then decided to explore the cave up the trail's first turn. As Kram entered, his torch's light revealed a giant spitting spider clinging on the cave's ceiling. The spider jumped upon the unsuspecting intruder but failed to bite him. The rogue then expeditely cleaved it to death. As the party caught up, they inspected the cave's opening room and discovered the arachnid's webbed nest suspended from a ceiling corner. They quickly torched the cocoon, killing the baby spiders it contained.

The party then moved on further into the cave only to find moldering animal hides and long corroded weaponry. As they searched through the junk, they disturbed a pair of huge centipedes who were hiding in the piles. The bugs were quickly crushed by the group but one of them still managed to inflict its vicious and venomous bite on Draiken. In the next room of the cave which circled back to its entrance, the party observed some crude paintings on the walls which appeared to depict scenes of daily life of a goblin tribe, most of which involved killing things. In a corner of the cave, there were deposits of a glittering mineral which the party's gnome recognized to be growths of gypsum. They left the mineral alone and exited the cave, bent on getting to Stonehell's entrance.

The party finally arrived in front of the 15 feet high and 10 feet wide stone archway carved into the cliff face at the end of the canyon. A flat stone plaque stood over the archway, carved with writings eroded by weather and the passage of time but still legible :

Beware All Who Enter
These Benighted Halls of Stone
Within Lies No Solace
Nor Any Comforts of Home
Toiling For Our Crimes
We Must Dig Where We Dwell
With No Freedom or Mercy
In Our Vast Stony Hell

Baldern transcribed the rhymes on a piece of parchment and the party proceeded through the archway. A wide corridor led to what appeared to be the dungeon's entrance hall with a 30 feet high ceiling arching overhead. The walls were covered with graffiti, mostly the names of those foolish enough to have ventured that far but a larger crude writing stood out saying : "Clean up trash, dumb men!". In the middle of the bare well-worn floor descended a spiral staircase disappearing deep into the darkness. The gnome added his name on the wall with his odd chalk as the party was getting ready to go down the stairs.

To be continued...
Logicmage
Strategoi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I missed you guys again. Again I am not getting notification for updates here.

When are we looking for the next time. I really wanna make it.
Merkav
Strategoi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logicmage wrote:
Sorry I missed you guys again. Again I am not getting notification for updates here.

When are we looking for the next time. I really wanna make it.

You only missed one game I think? Just the one where we fought the bandits. I think you were at the skeleton battle.

I believe we are playing on Friday at 9 EST. At least, it's on my calendar.

Maybe you should just check the website once a day or something?

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Promotion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: