Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

Descent into Depths IV: No Hope
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Descent into Depths!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 1021

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nitch, I dunno, but why don't you ENTER MELEE and find out?

Let's try something new- I cast MIGHT on Dutch. Jesus I need better 2nd Circles, but maybe this'll help out.

Round 2, twang: 12, for 5 if it hits.
_________________
The GM is your friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Salmonid
Demiurge


Joined: 03 Sep 2010
Posts: 114

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks dudes, Dutch will use this book and Might to the extreme. Might roll: 3. Dang. Ah well, that'll bump Dutch up to 15 STR - not bad. That's 1d6+3 coming your way, Mictecacihuatl.

Game time. Dutch is pretty inspired by Zhol's cool and even hand of indiscriminate destruction. Let's bust out some awesome Zhol moves. Dutch'll charge screaming at the tiny skeleton, jump into sweet ninja roll, spindash up onto the pipe organ, triple backflip through the air, and finish with dual hammer strikes to the temple!
"Repent AN' DIE!" Dutch exclaims. Just like in the book!

Round 1

Acrobatics checks (3, 0, -1)

Hammerblows:
to-hit 17, 7 damage
to-hit 15, 6 damage
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
greyfaced
Heuristician


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 509
Location: Pleroma, Oregon

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah so, I mean, if the world can end, do you think this girl could really be involved, and if that's the case; maybe we should take her to someone. I'm not really excited about what's been going down. Not really feeling it. I kind feel like the kid either needs to die, or get some serious help. I don't think you guys are the help she needs.

So, I have a problem
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moth
Heuristician


Joined: 10 Jun 2008
Posts: 276
Location: Grito

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brogg, you take aim and pop your gat at the little guy. BOOM! You miss, but you split the obsidian cup he was sitting on practically in half. Grisbane appreciates your destruction of an evil artifact. The pieces clatter off into the darkness.

Vrill casts Might on Dutch, powering him up!

Dutch, you try and do some acrobatics, but it just ends up being awful. Your "ninja roll" is basically like watching an old dude try to somersault and stop halfway through due to back pain and just kind of flop on the floor tangled in his cloak. Then you get up and try to trick off the organ, producing a horrible dissonant chord as you slam into it then jump off, red faced and panting. And triple backflip? No, my friend, just no. You end up flat on your back on the ground. No attacks for you this round, I'm afraid.

The tiny skeleton hovers in the air, taking this all in incredulously. Then he flies up and stabs Brogg in the face with his trident. To-hit is a 12, that's a hit for 1 damage, and make a Physical Resist for me, Brogg, buddy.

Nitch, your super best buddy Greg Vrill, who is a HELL OF A GUY, asked you a favor. You oblige and wade into melee, and miss with your hammer. In round 2 you crit with you hammer, doing 8 damage and completely smashing the little bugger. He lies in shambles on the ground, one wing still twitching.

On the altar, the woman seems to age in reverse, flesh proliferating across her ancient bones, her hair restored to a lustrous black, her pale cadaverous flesh taking on the flush of life!

She sits up gasping and clutching her chest frantically.

"My death! My death, oh, where is my death!"

She sees the little Nitch just smashed and starts to wail.

"Oh, my death! You have taken my death, and I had but one! Who are you vile tomb robbers, and what is it you want? You cannot understand what you have wrought here!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
greyfaced
Heuristician


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 509
Location: Pleroma, Oregon

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I'll just smash this lady in the face for now because she is clearly wrong.

15 to hit for 8 points of steel and 5 of fire.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 1021

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christ what a bunch of psychos. So really, we're just gonna attack everyone down here like rabid little Paris Hilton dogs? Maybe she could tell us something about this place, or the cup, or just make some nice friendly conversation about the Lindsay Lohan trial or Osama Bin Laden. BUT GOOD SHOW MATES "Nitch, graymarie needs you... you two deserve each other."

...

I take the broken bits of the cup and exit. "Nothing some good ol Alchemists Guild Super Glue can't fix, heh heh," I say to... well, myself. It's lonely at the top.
_________________
The GM is your friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brogg
Strategoi


Joined: 17 Oct 2010
Posts: 72

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh shit dudes, I shot the Cup!

Kick ass, Gbane!

AAAAHHHHH!!!! Not the face!!! PR: 8. :/

Ok, I feel bad.

Yeah Marie, I hear you. Shouldn't this girl be in school?

If I feel up to it, I am going to help kill that gal again. Broadsword: 3.

Or not.
_________________
My Boss is a Half-Breed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nitch
Strategoi


Joined: 31 Aug 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moth wrote:
She sees the little Nitch just smashed and starts to wail.


Freudian slip, GM? WTF.

Hey, Greg! Wait for your friend Nitch!

I follow my friend Greg.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Salmonid
Demiurge


Joined: 03 Sep 2010
Posts: 114

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh snap, I dunno how killable this lady is gonna be with her death already dead. If Dutch didn't lose his flaskful of Preserva-Mist back during that fight with Quackenbush, then he'll try force-feeding it to this kind lady. Feed Roll: 17

Otherwise, Dutch will go the old-fashioned route. "AH'VE GOT YAE MARIE! AAAAAA!" Hammer attack on the Deathless One. Bonk, nat 20 yo. 14 damage dealt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 1021

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, that's a brilliant idea Dutch. "Nitch, no, get back there and be a man! Fight for your honor!"
_________________
The GM is your friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moth
Heuristician


Joined: 10 Jun 2008
Posts: 276
Location: Grito

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Oh, great, Ixians. Reply with quote

You guys smash on this woman something fierce, but true to her earlier statement, she seems like she just won't die! Marie slashes her across the chest and sets her on fire, and Dutch shoves the PreserveaMIST ball in her mouth. It ruptures and purple mist spills out of her nostrils and eyes and ears and stuff, it isn't pretty. But darn, it, she just keeps screaming!

Finally she composes herself, rips the ball out of her mouth and tosses it aside.

"Stop you idiots, I told you, you can't kill me. At this rate you're just going to make me look shitty for eternity, and I really don't appreciate that. Do any of you mind telling me who you are or what you're doing here? And, HEY, PUT THAT BACK! (This directed at Vrill and the cup) You know what? I don't care. You already broke it and made it shitty too. You people are the worst."

She sits down in front of the altar and starts weeping.

HIGH FIVE YOU DID IT GUYS ADVENTURE WON!

Totally sweet, but why haven't you leveled up yet? Oh well, it's cool, this bitch isn't going to stop you or anything. You stride back outta this place and back to that elevator to go get you some Dunkelbrains or whatever.

You make it as far as the reception room. There's a group of guys there, tough looking ones. The seeming leader is the least physically imposing of them, a guy with shot black hair, a big mustache, and tattoo of a triangle in a circle on his head. He's wearing loose white clothing, suitable for travel. With him he's got a burly orc with a two-handed sword, a guy in a black mask and cloak who's holding a leash which is attached to a creature that looks like a velocirapter with multi-faceted bug-eyes and disturbingly human hands, and another dude who's bald and has a tome shackled to his wrist.

The leader speaks:

"You have been found, and by the authority of Sunkeep, I here by sentence you to death. Give up the magic artifact and surrender your weapons peacefully, and you will be dealt with painlessly. Otherwise, we will carry out your sentence by means of battle."

He regards you intensely for a moment, a vein popping out on his forehead.

"You are all whores, and Twylos begs for your death."

Since I'm guessing you aren't surrendering, roll some Initiative.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 1021

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Ho fo' sho' Reply with quote

Uh, right. Retreat into the crypt room! Like a HERO I cower behind the ever-lady.

Initiative: natural 20. Oops, damn. Well, 9. Not bad. I drop a Magic Vest on myself.
_________________
The GM is your friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Salmonid
Demiurge


Joined: 03 Sep 2010
Posts: 114

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we did it! Now we just have to - AUGH NPC SQUAD!

"IXIANS!" Dutch says. "GRAAAAH!"

Dutch goes after the enemy baldpater, rushing shackletome guy in Round 1 with two hammer attacks: 14 (5 damage) and 18 (4 damage). I'm assuming Might is still in effect.

Are Bizarrians afraid of snakes? Wilderness Lore: 8

Whoops, and here's his Initiative: 7! Bang!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brogg
Strategoi


Joined: 17 Oct 2010
Posts: 72

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. Sorry dead lady.

Oh I take that orc DOWN!

BOOOOOM! Yeah, 18 with Grisbane Warrior for 11 points.

What up now, homey?! You want some? Yeah yeah!

That all at initiative 4.
_________________
My Boss is a Half-Breed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nitch
Strategoi


Joined: 31 Aug 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF?! Friends, a 1st circle spell, lasts FOR 1 DAY?!

Who wrote this crap?!

Ok, Mr. Greg, what would you like for your dimunitive companion to do? I do aim to please you, Greg. Yes I do.

I'll get in front of Greg and make sure that no ones hurts him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Descent into Depths! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 40 of 42

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Type of Dice No. of Dice

d3

d4

d6

d8

d10

d12

d20

d00

1

2

3

4

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group