Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

Descent into Depths IV: No Hope
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Descent into Depths!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nitch
Strategoi


Joined: 31 Aug 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, horsey! Fllrrbbblllrrl. Ah! Fllrrbbbppplllrrrl! Wha? Fllubbbp. Bleh! Bleh! Stew! Stew? Hey, what in the name of Kithain?! Hey put me down, sir! Phew! Hey. Hey now.

I wipe my face and clear my sinuses of stew.

Ahem. Well. Ok. Ok... Two humans an orc in a food court. With stew.

Hey, I still have all of my belongings! Hm, I thought I had two apples... Um, excuse me sirs, but is this death? I have to say that I expected something entirely different.

Religious Knowledge: 20! Hey... Is this a feast of Typhon?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 1021

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back.

Yeah, Chapel of Lamentations.

Then, "hey Erasmo, okay it looks like Mitch here is good to go. So what's the top secret mission?"
_________________
The GM is your friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moth
Heuristician


Joined: 10 Jun 2008
Posts: 276
Location: Grito

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Nitch! Feasts of Typhon are big opulent parties with all kinds of insane hedonism going on. This is just you and some guys in a sub-par food court eating stew. I guess using a dead body as a spoon is kind of opulent, but that alone isn't going to cut it.

Okay, you guys check out the Chapel of Lamentations. It's basically a little shrine to Zhol, featuring a couple rows of short pews in a circle around a basin on a dais. Inscribed around the rim of the basin are the words CONFESS THY SOUL AND FIND PURITY. There are a few silver pieces in the basin. The walls of the temple are made of black bricks which have been carved to look like wailing faces are straining under the stone. The floor is sticky.

There is a fat peasant and his family checking the place out right now. Besides the orc and ogre staff and Erasmo, they are the only people you've seen in the museum. The peasant's son keeps wailing "Can we hoooome yet?" and asking his dad for more silvers to throw in the basin. It really messes up the vibe in here.

...

Erasmo is delighted at Nitch's thawing.

"Hey, that's swell, we've got a team! Okay guys, now for your mission! See, we've tried to keep our whole operation very hush-hush, but we haven't been entirely successful. The Ixians found out about us, and apparently the machine we built violates their gay religious commandments or something. They hunt us relentlessly, and they've got the aid of the Guild of Flesh. We need a trump card of our own to fight them, so we used our machine to find out what that was and where we could get it.

'We need you guys to travel to the Sub-Twylos. No, Vrill, put away that d20, your World Knowledge won't help you this time. You've been dead for ten or so years, remember? The Sub-Twylos isn't just a bunch of caverns full of evil elves and mushrooms or something. It's a vast network of underground chambers built by the old Slavers Guild using nearly the entire dwarven race. They wanted an underground railroad for moving slaves around to avoid Handmaiden attacks and heighten guild mystique. The project has kind of gotten away from them and now they control only a fraction of the passageways.

'Deep in one of the Guild's lost chambers there is a stasis chamber, and inside is a weapon they commissioned many years ago. We need it, and you're going to get it for us. Some of the passageways are still patrolled by Slavers, so watch out. You might also run into Mournies. They're mostly harmless, but don't answer their riddles or eat anything they offer you.

'There's an entrance to the Sub-Twylos in the village of Ellsdane, a day north of the city. After you take a boat out of Gyre, there is a coach waiting to take you there. Don't worry about monster attacks, most everything in the marshes is dead. A year ago, the Machinists were working on some kind of building project in the Bay of Queys. Something must have gone wrong, because now Myrinae is basically a giant oil slick. You'll notice the smell when you get outside.

'When you get the weapon, we'll let you know what to do.

'Any other questions?"

....

The adventure begins! You guys can do whatever in Gyre before you go, no one is rushing you. Whenever you're ready, you can take the boat and coach to Ellsdane.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 1021

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you know me, you know I'm a good god-fearing man. I flip a silver into the basin, and thank Zhol for giving this poor sinner a second chance.

"Oil slick? Guild of Flesh and sub-Twylos? Yikes. Die for a while and the whole place just goes to the dogs. Alright Erasmo, I think I'm good on the details. You don't have like a map or anything to this, uh, 'lost chamber', do you? Probably why it's lost."

"Oh yeah. How are we going to know what the weapon is? It's not something fucked up like a golden nugget or a little girl or something, right? It's like a +3 crossbow or something totally obvious?"

I grab Nitch and Dutch and push em out the door. "Come on, henchmen, we got spells to find." We get on the boat.
_________________
The GM is your friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 1021

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yeah, I deducted that silver.
_________________
The GM is your friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moth
Heuristician


Joined: 10 Jun 2008
Posts: 276
Location: Grito

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Seriously. Reply with quote

Erasmo's silvery eyes go wide with shock and indignation.

"WHO TOLD YOU- I mean, yeah, it's a little girl. I see you've done this before! Here, take this"

He hands you a plush toy unicorn.

"Little girls like those, right?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Salmonid
Demiurge


Joined: 03 Sep 2010
Posts: 114

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It be a rare lad n' lass tha' don' go washy fo' th' prancy unicorn," says Dutch, staring at the toy with some envy.


-


At the docks -


"Ach, a boot? Ah amn't a bootman!"

Dutch stumbles up the gangplank and onto the deck.

"Thassa... wee bit o' tea," he says, staring out at the sea. He begins to sweat profusely. "Zhol smitin', it be a wee bit."

Dutch addresses the nearest crewman:
"Ah'mma be needin' a sip o' fire fo' thissun. Can ya sally me a ham o' th' grog, laddie?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nitch
Strategoi


Joined: 31 Aug 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salmonid wrote:

"Ah'mma be needin' a sip o' fire fo' thissun. Can ya sally me a ham o' th' grog, laddie?

*blink*

Huh. Yes... Yes. Ok.

I flip a silver coin into the font and give that peasant kid a wink.

This is all coming rather quickly. I take a moment to make proper introductions. "Dutch, Mr. Vrill. ...Well Met." I then follow Mr. Vrill's lead, as he seems to know a lot about these kinds of weapons.

"Mr Vrill, I must tell you, I hope this secret weapon doesn't find me to be cute. I do dislike children that find me to be cute on account of my stature. I will be upfront about this. I am a serious man, Mr. Vrill, -a serious man. I refuse to bumble and stutter on the account of some precocious child with a extraordinary birthmark.

I hope you'll excuse me, but I must get this out of the way."

I clean the rest of the stew off of me, and follow my new companions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 1021

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh. I was just saying." I look down at the unicorn. Make it walk a little bit on the fountain edge. Kind of tosses its head a little.

"Yeah, uh... I'm sure she's gonna love this."

"You're *absolutely sure* that this weapon isn't like a Book of Infinite Spells or something?"

...

>GET UNICORN
>PUT UNICORN IN PACK

...

On the boat. "Heh heh, that sounds good Mr. Dutch. I could sure sally up some ham grog too! Bo's'un! A dish of your finest ham!"

"Don't worry Mitch, I'm sure the child won't find you very cute. How'd you die, anyway? I used to be a, well, not *quite* an arch-mage, but who's counting levels. Then..." wistfully, staring out across the briny sea... "then I was level drained by a wight. Terrible."

So what's this boat like? Actually, where are we when we exit- weather and such too.
_________________
The GM is your friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moth
Heuristician


Joined: 10 Jun 2008
Posts: 276
Location: Grito

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: There is a difference. Reply with quote

You're in a little ferry boat that takes people out of the city proper and to some outlying stations. Warehouses, customs departments, bars, that kind of thing.

The water has a slick film of oil on it. Everything stinks. There are no seagulls.

You get to the docks and find your carriage. The driver is a guy with blonde hair named Sancho Bevel. He knows he's supposed to take you to Ellsdane, and not much else.

The coach isn't pulled by horses, but by odd creatures that look like a cross between snails and velociraptors. They are blue skinned and have big shells on their backs, but have no forearms.

On the ride, you get to look at the countryside. The swamps look black and dead. You could probably find some serious black mana out there. You guess that's kind of what caused this mess in the first place.

Eventually, the road gets onto higher, firmer ground, with grass and living trees.

Suddenly, the coach pitches forward as the brakes are engaged. You hear the strange draft creatures buzzing frantically. One of you sneaks a peak outside. Up ahead, there is a roadblock- guys in scale mail, angry dogs, flaming barrels, jersey walls. It looks pretty serious. One of the armored men approaches, crossbow in hand.

What do you do?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Salmonid
Demiurge


Joined: 03 Sep 2010
Posts: 114

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, swamps? Well, Dutch has a condition that causes him to see all bodies of water as vast oceans. Of loneliness.

In any case, Dutch tumbles out of the coach, waving his maul around.

"Whaen name o' Zhol? Ah demand tae knae th' meanin' o' this!" he says, very loudly, as he approaches the man with the crossbow.


Is this intimidating? A roll of 3 says no.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moth
Heuristician


Joined: 10 Jun 2008
Posts: 276
Location: Grito

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I took that "swamps not ocean" part out since, looking closer at the map, I realized you probably could see the ocean from there.

Anyway...

...

The crossbow guy seems pretty alarmed when you get out of the coach, Dutch, moreso when you yell at him. He aims his weapon squarely at you.

"Step no further and make no sudden movements! Identify yourself, your party, and state your business on this road."

Edit: Anyone with Religious Knowledge I will recognize these guys as Knights of Aguierre.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Salmonid
Demiurge


Joined: 03 Sep 2010
Posts: 114

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dutch recognizes this guy as a Knight of Aguierre. He tries his best to explain himself.

"Ach, wall, ya see, we be a two, er, a trupple, a trupple o' lads set oot to Allsdane, fer we be havin' some bus'ness there, nothin' tricky, just the us-u-al. Ye knae wha' ah mean. Ah'm Dutch, th' wee one is Nitch, n' th' las' is Missa Vrill, simple trav'lers all. We'd be likin' it much if ye'd put us through, if'n ya please."


Who are the Knights of Aguierre and what do they stand for?

Religious Knowledge roll: 8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nitch
Strategoi


Joined: 31 Aug 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I step out, casting Persuade.

"Hello, friend! Hello. Ah, yes a good Knight of Aguirre! Well, met. It is a comfort that our roads are under the protection of the Children of the Dawn.

My name is Thomas Sullivan Magnum.

Please excuse my companion's hammer. He is quite excitable. I believe Mr. Holland here is trying to communicate that we are only common merchants, on our way to Ellsdane. If the particulars interest you, I am an art dealer, with a keen interest in a collection of water colors by the late Jonathan Quayle Higgins III. Mr. Higgins had a talent in capturing the unique lighting of Myrinae, and to be honest, I am quite excited to verify that the works are indeed, genuine.

Yes. Sir, that is our business. In Ellsdane."

*big smile*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 1021

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh oh. Logged in too late. (Art dealers, Nitch?)

Silent Casting of Friends on Crossboy. If I can do this from within the coach, or getting out and behind the coach door, I will.

...

"Heh heh. Hello there. Yes, we're looking for some fantastic art. The kind that you'd be proud to hang above your mantle or give to some chick."

"What's going on here? Is there some trouble on this road? Something nasty in the swamp perhaps?"
_________________
The GM is your friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Descent into Depths! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 3 of 42

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Type of Dice No. of Dice

d3

d4

d6

d8

d10

d12

d20

d00

1

2

3

4

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group