Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

Descent into Depths IV: No Hope
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Descent into Depths!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff


Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Posts: 1390
Location: Torsche

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Descent into Depths IV: No Hope Reply with quote

EPISODE IV
Descent into Depths: No Hope
It is a dark time for the adventurers
DiD3 got really confusing and died
But Moth has taken the reigns
And a new band has formed
And Greg Vrill's lowest stat
is Presence once again...

_________________
Take a page out of the Unicorn Bible and dance all night by the Light of the Dragon's flame. -Champions of Breakfast


Last edited by JimmySwill on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 1021

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever. Hurry up and make your gnome baker or fluffer or something. I got SPELLS to GET.
_________________
The GM is your friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nitch
Strategoi


Joined: 31 Aug 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What up, Vrill?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 1021

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take an apple out of Nitch's backpack and eat it.

"Hey Mitch, this would be sort of funny, if this were like all the new campaign was. Reminds me of this airport I was once at, maybe a Beckett play or something."

Crunch crunch.

"Huh."

"How'd you smuggle a backpack into limbo anyway, Mitch?"
_________________
The GM is your friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nitch
Strategoi


Joined: 31 Aug 2010
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hey, that was my lun...

That is an interesting idea, Raistlin. However, maybe this is less like a Beckett play or a soul-crushing module, and more like one of those indie diceless story-telling RPGs. Maybe my backpack represents a manifestation of my Chancel and it is full of Miracle Points and stuff.

Yeah, I spend some Miracle Points to make that apple a greasy deviled egg with too muck paprika. As a result, I do believe that the realm vibrates in a harmonious manner.

But, to be honest Raistlin, I'd much rather fight an orc and take his treasure."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 1021

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Maybe this is like some zen adventure or something, and Moth is trying to teach us a lesson about the futility of action."

Crunch crunch.

"Guess your Miracle points stuff didn't work out so well, buddy. This is Wayfarers, read the rules."
_________________
The GM is your friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff


Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Posts: 1390
Location: Torsche

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. I am off to Norway for a week. I will try to keep Nitch in the loop, but it might be sporadic. See you at the fjord, Vrill.
_________________
Take a page out of the Unicorn Bible and dance all night by the Light of the Dragon's flame. -Champions of Breakfast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moth
Heuristician


Joined: 10 Jun 2008
Posts: 276
Location: Grito

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: In the Vaults of Cold House: A Twylos Adventure! Reply with quote

Vrill-

You awaken to the sound of cracking ice. Your vision is still blurry, but you can tell you aren't alone. The room you are in is very cold. The lighting is soft, and all around there are human figures, standing still.

Your eyes finally focus. Your frozen body has apparently been made part of a tableau of frozen bodies. All around you are people posed in fancy clothes. They are all dead and have little icicles hanging off of them in various places. Hovering near the ceiling in each corner is a glowglobe- very expensive inventions of the Opticians Guild.

The scene you are in depicts two well dressed young men, swords and daggers in hand, about to engage in mortal combat. Around them, friends and family members are gathered, eagerly awaiting the outcome. Foremost is a young lady, weeping and holding a handkerchief. Whoever did the detailing on her tears did a pretty good job. Next to her is an imposing man in a frock coat, looking on impassively. He's probably her father. You're standing pretty close to them, maybe you're supposed to be her scheming uncle or something?

The chamber is roughly square, with the southwest corner being convex. There is a door on the rounded section of wall.

Your move, messr. Vrill.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 1021

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh... I blink.

I blink FURIOUSLY.

Can I blink?

(Physical Resistance Check! Mm. 3.)

I try to feel like, uh, myself I guess.

Anyone else look like they're moving, or suddenly conscious?

Hey, I focus mine eyes on that glowglobe. I'm Greg Vrill, damn it. I will that thing to float on over and melt me.

(Mental Resistance Check! WTF this thing is broken 6.)
_________________
The GM is your friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moth
Heuristician


Joined: 10 Jun 2008
Posts: 276
Location: Grito

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can move just fine. The ice on you has shattered. You feel a faint, sickly warmth inside.

The glowglobe doesn't respond.

Your arm aches a bit. Rolling up your sleeve, you find some needle marks on your right arm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 1021

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thank god.

How high is the ceiling? If I can reach the glowglobe, I'm taking the little bastard. If I have to, uh, clilmb up one of the 'statues' to get it, so be it. If it's some jinky floating thing, I'll take a shirt outta my pack and net the thing with it if I can.

...

Wish I had that Sense Magic about now. Damn, well, Magic Acuity check? On the people and their stuff. Here's my roll: 14 + 2 = 16! Not bad. Can I grab a sword or the handkerchief?

World Knowledge on 'em. Dress, famous faces, time period, ethnicity, all that jazz. Check is 4 + 2 = 6. Huh.

These frozen people got needle marks too? I'm guessing, no needles in this place, like discarded or the floor or such?

...

(Sickly warmth? Uh, I change my pants. Never you mind, frozen peoples.)

...

Then, sure, I go for it. Open the door, crossbow out. I do like a sneaky peek thing first.
_________________
The GM is your friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moth
Heuristician


Joined: 10 Jun 2008
Posts: 276
Location: Grito

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Lootin' Reply with quote

Ceiling's not that high. You grab the glowglobe. It is about the size of a basket ball. And it glows.

Magic Acuity registers nothing. Except for the glowglobe, that's totally magical, but you already knew that.

You can get the handkerchief easily- a thing layer of rime gives way and it's yours.

The sword is going to be another matter altogether- give me a Strength check for that.

Nice History Roll. They all look like rich nobles from Myrinae. You don't know anything more specific than that.

No discarded needles, and no, none of these other people have marks on their arms.

You draw your crossbow and peep outside quickly. There is a circular chamber outside, with a fountain in the middle. The fountain has a huge glowglobe on top. There is a man sitting on the edge of the fountain. He's wearing a slim fitting, violet colored pinstripe suit. He's waring skintight leather gloves, and he's reading a book. You notice that his eyes are made of silver- Optician's Guild work. There are a lot of legends about these eyes- that they can see through walls, that they can record anything one sees, shoot lasers, and stranger stories. You have no idea what they really do.

He doesn't seem to notice you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moth
Heuristician


Joined: 10 Jun 2008
Posts: 276
Location: Grito

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dutch

You awaken to the sound of cracking ice. Your vision comes into focus. You are in a tableau of frozen dead bodies, covered in ice. It appears to be a trial scene. What's more, you are the judge! You are holding your maul up like a gavel, about to bring it down and seal the condemned man's fate.

You feel faint, sickly warmth inside, coursing through your veins. You have needle marks on your right arm.

There are a lot of people here. There's an audience, a jury, a bailiff, a prosecutor, a defense attorney, and a defendant. The defense attorney appears to be a gnome.

The room is lit by glowglobes. There is a door in the southeastern corner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 1021

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feat of Strength for the sword... okay. 17 - 2, 15! Not so bad. I try to rip it from Frosty's grasp.

I tuck the handkerchief away. Actually, I put it in my pocket, tuck it down in there, yeah.

...

I, uh, scan for exits. The door from the ice room opens right into this fountain room? Silver eyes. Shooting lasers, huh?

Well ol' Greg here has seen it all. I've seen fire and I've seen rain.

I clear my throat.

"Uh, huh. Hello there? Hi, I'm Gregory Vrill, former archmage. You wouldn't happen to know where I am?"

"Is there like a map somewhere here? Maybe like, one of those things in the mall that says helpfully 'You Are Here' and the Cinnabon is over there, etc."
_________________
The GM is your friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Salmonid
Demiurge


Joined: 03 Sep 2010
Posts: 114

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ach, Ah mest be strai't troattered," says Dutch, rubbing at his eyes. He'd awoken in many a strange place before, head pounding, memories blurred, so he does not find these circumstances to be at all disturbing.

Dutch climbs down from the judge's seat and examines the gathered people more closely.

Are any of them recognizable, or doing or holding anything of interest?

Parched, he removes an icicle from a man's face and eats it, before proceeding around the room to test the soundness of various limbs with a series of sharp tugs.

His circuitous journey eventually ends in front of the most wee of them all.

Is the gnome posing? Does he have any possessions?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Descent into Depths! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 1 of 42

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Type of Dice No. of Dice

d3

d4

d6

d8

d10

d12

d20

d00

1

2

3

4

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group