Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

Possible errata?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Wayfarers RPG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimLeCat
Strategoi

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Possible errata? Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm not sure if all of these qualify as errata. If you agree, then I'll move them to the errata thread.

Example characters, P.165 - where does her +2/+2 bonus with a dagger come from? She has no relevant disciplines and no relevant magic items that I can see.

Robe of the Mage, P.216 - power 4 says '...in half the normal time (4 hours).' 4 hours is the normal time, so shouldn't this say 2 hours?

NPCs, P.239 - '...flush out every detail...' - should this not be '...flesh out every detail...' ?

Cheers,
Jim
JimLeCat
Strategoi

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and the character sheet for James T. Swill III lists ambidexterity as a discipline, but gives his handedness as Right! Razz
JimLeCat
Strategoi

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and Artemis Gould is shown as having one unused discipline point, when by my calculations he has used all of them - and one too many proficiency points!

Also, why is his to-hit modifier with a shortbow listed as +4?

Cheers,
Jim
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Jim. Ok!
Quote:

Example characters, P.165 - where does her +2/+2 bonus with a dagger come from? She has no relevant disciplines and no relevant magic items that I can see.
Robe of the Mage, P.216 - power 4 says '...in half the normal time (4 hours).' 4 hours is the normal time, so shouldn't this say 2 hours?
NPCs, P.239 - '...flush out every detail...' - should this not be '...flesh out every detail...' ?

Yes, yes and yes. All issues. -I think that dagger was supposed to be magical. Will add to errata.

Quote:
Oh, and the character sheet for James T. Swill III lists ambidexterity as a discipline, but gives his handedness as Right!

Actually, that isn't necessarily incorrect. Jimmy has a -1 with his off-hand (his left) after he purchased Ambidexterity. Now, it is debatable as to what would happen if Jimmy lost his right hand... interesting.

I'll calculate Artemis' points when I get a chance, but you are right about his bow.

Thanks Jim. We should have had you around when we were proofing!
JimLeCat
Strategoi

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you consider him trained ambidextrous rather than naturally so, with a definite bias otherwise?

That reminds me of another couple of points I wanted to clear up. Firstly, does ambidextrous need to be taken as part of the character background, or can you choose it later on? Secondly, as written the discipline implies that while a character must have an on-hand and off-hand, they could switch between them. If you agree with this, would you be OK with a character switching during combat - say by declaring at the start of a round that they are doing so?

And I wouldn't say I'm necessarily that good as a proof reader - more that I've been paying attention to details to get a feel for the rules. I've been converting characters from old D&D modules (Irilian atm) to get a handle on the char gen.

Cheers,
Jim
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimLeCat wrote:
Firstly, does ambidextrous need to be taken as part of the character background, or can you choose it later on?

Any discipline can be learned, so yes, you can choose it later on. I suppose one would practice doing everything with their off-hand for a good while. (Actually, that would e an interesting thing to try...)

Quote:
Secondly, as written the discipline implies that while a character must have an on-hand and off-hand, they could switch between them. If you agree with this, would you be OK with a character switching during combat - say by declaring at the start of a round that they are doing so?

To be honest, I'm not immediately sure how I would rule here. I don't think it's critically different either way, but I am leaning towards the assumption that ambidexterity makes your off-hand nearly as good as your on-hand, but that they aren't made equal. I could see it reasonable to assume the latter though. I'm non-committal here. Even so, if you wanted to switch weapons each round and look all fancy, you'd need Quick Draw, or you'd lose your 'off-hand' attack for the round. Ha! There it is. Either way you cut it, you have an off-hand. Ha! Ha! But that reasoning assumes that Quick Draw isn't unnecessary if you have Ambidexterity! What have you done, Jim?! Smile

Ok, here it is: Even with Ambidexterity, you technically have an off-hand. Jimmy Swill's record sheet is correct. Actually, the note under Ambidexterity suggests to me I might have walked down this road of confusion before: Note: Ambidexterity only reduces off-hand attack penalties; it does not enable a character to employ special skills, such as Multiple Attacks, with his ‘off-hand’ weapon.

Thanks Jim. That was kind of fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Wayfarers RPG All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: