Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

Reptillian priests of the dragon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> World of Twylos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rasfrasen
Lodge of the Bronze Knight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reptillian priests of the dragon Reply with quote

I pictured the old priests of the dragon (during or before the great war) as a warrior order. Perhaps afterwards they were more a utilitarian group. Anyway I created a few ancient items that I thought I would get some opinions on as far as power level and appropriateness within the Twylos setting...here they are so don't be afraid to tear them apart heh

Raiment of the Dragon

Talons of the Dragon: These open palmed gloves cap each finger with a razor sharp talon. They are magically tempered to do significantly more damage then the metals they are made from would normally allow. There are several different types to denote standing within the religious order(to hit/damage); bronze (+1/+1), copper(+2/+1), silver(+2/+2), gold(+3/+2), and platinum(+3/+3). Weapon type U.

Scales of the Dragon: This suit of scale mail is fashioned similarly to the talons denoting standing within the church not necessarily rank. Each type protects a little differently (absorb/impede); bronze 1d3/-4, copper 1d4/-3, silver 1d3+1/-2, gold 1d4+1/-2, platinum 1d6/-1.

Wings of the Dragon: This split cape is made from the wing leather of drakes or wyverns. When worn it slows the descent of a fall from any height to prevent falling damage. Once per day it can be used to actually fly 250' per round for up to 1 hour.

Teeth of the Dragon: This seemingly primitive necklace is made from the teeth of various reptiles save for the centerpiece which was actually donated from a living dragon. These items were more prevalent a thousand years ago and now are quite rare. Once per day the wearer my breathe fire in a cone 10' wide and 20' long doing 2d8 or 1d8 with physical save of 14. When combined with the talons the item grants the wearer a bite attack of 1d6. If one talon hits the bite suffers the normal off hand attack penalty, if both talons hit there is no penalty. It does slightly alter the jaw and teeth of the wearer to be stronger and sharper giving the wearer a slightly more draconian appearance.

Raiment of the Dragon: If all 4 pieces are worn the items imbue the wearer with one final ability. Once per week the user may transform himself into a dragonistic humanoid. Height is increased 50%, weight is doubled and strength, stamina and agility all go up 1d4 (max of 20) for 10 minutes.
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. The Sathar- and Suvan Azule specifically- come from an older campaign. Got fleshed out for that game, but were underutilized in Twylos itself.

The power level and abilities seem fine. I might tweak the names though. I tend to prefer giving artifacts proper names, placing them in a more personal and historical context. It's flavor text, but that stuff matters I think. *Someone* made the Talons and Scales, *someone* used them in some particular battle, or perhaps they were donated as a gift to celebrate a wedding or initiation rite.

Given that these items tend to physically shape the user into a more reptilian appearance, perhaps they were made as gifts to human slaves/servants/traitors during the Vehrlands War (the reptilian vs human conflict of long-time-ago Second Era)?

Anyway, thanks- just so you know, we're enjoying the continued chronicles of the game.
Rasfrasen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: good to hear Reply with quote

I am glad they are being read, I know our own group looks forward to my ramblings and frequently give me grief for waiting so long to post them.

I had pictured the items in several sets, more rare the higher the value of metal. Many bronze and copper vs only one or two full sets of platinum. On the other hand if there were only one set of each I agree the names would be better off being more specific. Either way its good to get feed back! These are just ideas, they are not part of our campaign as yet.
TheLurkerBelow
Strategoi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like fun to me. Make them now! See I'm just glad you do this. I'd do something real cheezy like Raiment of the Cad with Cassanova's Poofy Shirt and Clinton's Zipperless Pants, but of the Dragon is waaay better.

hehe, maybe if I added Legar's Loincloth of Love the Cad set could match up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> World of Twylos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: