Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

Multiple attacks discipline question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Wayfarers RPG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeGi
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Multiple attacks discipline question Reply with quote

Quote:
There are four grades of Multiple Attacks. Grade I allows the character to attack 3 times every two combat rounds; one attack the first round, and two attacks the following round. Grade II allows the character to
attack twice each combat round. Grade III allows the character to
attack 5 times every two combat rounds; two attacks the first round,
and three attacks the following round. Grade IV allows the character to
attack 3 times each combat round.

The Multiple Attacks discipline only pertains to the character’s on-hand
weapon. Thus, if a character with Multiple Attacks grade II employs
two weapons, he would get two attacks with his on-hand weapon and
one attack with his off hand weapon each round.

What I don't understand are two things:
- "Grade I allows the character to attack 3 times every two combat rounds" ... every two combat rounds or ONLY two consecutive rounds? So, for example if you are to attack at initiative 7, you attack at 7 once and at 6 twice. Or do you attack at 7,5,3,1?

- Why would a character with Multiple Attacks 2 get two attacks with on-hand and one attack with off-hand each round? Why not only one off-hand attack and that's it?

It would be very beneficial, if you could give me an example of a short combat play, when one character has for example Multiple Attacks grade I in his right hand's sword and uses for example dagger in his left hand.Thanks Smile
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Multiple attacks discipline question Reply with quote

No problem, DeGi.
DeGi wrote:
What I don't understand are two things:
- "Grade I allows the character to attack 3 times every two combat rounds" ... every two combat rounds or ONLY two consecutive rounds? So, for example if you are to attack at initiative 7, you attack at 7 once and at 6 twice. Or do you attack at 7,5,3,1?

I'm not sure, but it seems you are mixing 'rounds' with 'initiatives'. In the first round of combat, the character with Multiple Attacks grade I (in a sword) rolls to-hit once with his sword, and once with his dagger. The next round he rolls to-hit twice with his sword and once with his dagger.
DeGi wrote:
Why would a character with Multiple Attacks 2 get two attacks with on-hand and one attack with off-hand each round? Why not only one off-hand attack and that's it?

The Multiple Attacks discipline only concerns the characters on-hand. The off-hand always only gets one attack per round. Here's an example: A character has Multiple Attacks I in Weapon Class C, which includes daggers. He has one dagger in each hand. Here's how his attacks go:

Round 1
1 x on-hand dagger
1 x off-hand dagger

Round 2
2 x on-hand dagger
1 x off-hand dagger

Round 3
1 x on-hand dagger
1 x off-hand dagger

Round 4
2 x on-hand dagger
1 x off-hand dagger

etc...

All attacks (on-hand and off-hand) come at the character's initiative. Does that help?
DeGi
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That helped. Thanks Wink
I was indeed mixing 'rounds' with initiative. There is a term "Strike Rank" in RuneQuest (which we've been playing before) and I mistook 'combat rounds' for 'strike ranks' in the description.
DeGi
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://yeoldegamingcompanye.com/npcs/RecordSheet-PilateVameer.pdf

Why does this fella have "3/2" written at attacks per round? I'm guessing that means he attacks 3 times the first round and 2 times the second round with his on-hand. Wouldn't that need to be 1/2?
Dartavian
Strategoi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multiple Attack I: 3/2 is as follows 3 attacks every 2 rounds with your primary weapon.

1 attack the 1st round, 2 attacks the 2nd round, 1 attack the 3rd round, 2 attacks the 4 round and continuing until combat is finished.

Multiple Attack II: 2/1 with your primary weapon.

2 attacks every round

Multiple Attacks III: 5/2 is as follows 5 attacks every 2 rounds with your primary weapon.

2 attacks the 1st round, 3 attacks the 2nd round, 2 attacks the 3rd round, 3 attacks the 4 round and continuing until combat is finished.

Multiple Attacks IV: 3/1 with your primary weapon.

3 attacks every round

Hope that helps,

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
- Albert Einstein
DeGi
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. The notation is a bit counter-intuitive for me, though Smile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Wayfarers RPG All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: