Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

Registry of the Lodge of the Bronze Knight
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> World of Twylos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did we turn on the technicolor? Only evil can come of that.

I think it's a grand idea to have OTHER people come up with your guy's background.
Dartavian
Strategoi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have implemented my experiment in allowing some of the guys to run a story arc of their choosing. Running 1-4 nightly sessions allowing me to play and exploring story arcs they as a guest GM would like to implement. I will reserve my comments about Rasfrasen’s first session for a later date and introduce you to my character.

Gaius Osric Deagan
Human Male

I never new my biological father some whispered he was one of the local nobles, a silver seal with the relief of a stoic knight on its face and my name inscribed on the back is the only evidence I have of my heritage. Merrick Alistair the man I called father purchased my mothers freedom when I was but an infant and raised me as his own. His talent as a swordsmith in Reyes provided me with a roof over my head and a warm bed. My younger brother the big oaf has followed in our father’s footsteps becoming quite accomplished in making fine blades himself; I on the other hand did not share their passion.

A fine blades true potential I have found comes from the one wielding it. This statement of fact has often gotten me into more trouble than I care to remember. While delivering one of my fathers fine blades, I was accosted by a local thug and his minions, one gave up a hand and the others running days where over. The local magistrate eyeing his nephew’s bloody stump clearly was not impressed with my story of self defenses. So began my indentured servitude, the look of sadness on my parents face is the last living memory I have of them.

I was put into the service of Master Irwin Stark a trader of rare antiquities, assigned to his henchman Blake Canard. Many viewed Canard as a callus cold-hearted killer, I on the other hand found him to be a disciplined man with a strict code of honor. He taught me the art of hiding in plain sight, the act of a righteous kill and most importantly how to survive. My childhood now a distant memory has been replaced with learning the ways of business many times outside the confines of the law in shady taverns, warehouses and encampments throughout the middle lands of Twylos.

On a cold winter night in Moorcrest Master Stark’s double dealings finally caught up with him. The eve of fulfilling my contractual obligations to Stark, he requested that my last order of service be the same as my first a simple delivery. With the thought of freedom and my inheritance coming due I did not hesitate to finish what was started so long ago.

Returning late from the delivery due to a minor complication with the local authorities I found Starks lifeless body lying on the floor in a pool of blood, Canard too left the world of the living, his hand grasping the goblet that sealed his fate. Frustrated at the sight of Starks empty coffer I gathered a few meager belongings, set fire to the warehouse and easily slip past the distracted guards at the gate. My contract with Stark now fulfilled, the Vehrlands Ocean Road beneath my feet I set out to avenge my mentors’ honor, the symbol of my heritage and one double-struck platinum orb that is rightfully mine.

I discovered my quarries name in Tarchartus; the informative tradesman agreed that his life was more important than my inheritance. Tiberius Landers, the half-hazard approach this wretch applies to our profession adds one more reason to bring his existence to an end. My marks trail has led me to Llesendor, his target only known to me as Lars frequents an establishment known as the Green Dragon to locals. Kithain and Zhol have determined that the death of an inconsequential Gnole Chieftain in Badger’s Mill is the primer that has guided me to my target. Soon vengeance will be served and the fortune that freedom brings will be more than just a distant memory.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
- Albert Einstein
TheLurkerBelow
Strategoi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

attn: Lodge Members

Henceforth, by order of his magnificence Dartavian, his generosity shall provide just rewards for providing character backgrounds. Terms are as follows:

Biographies shall be posted online. All Lodge members, once convened, shall vote on a scale of one to five for the quality of the bio. Scores are averaged.
Avg of 1 = 1d4
Avg of 2 = 1d6
Avg of 3 = 1d8
Avg of 4 = 1d10
Avg of 5 = 1d20
The biographer will then apply the results of their roll to the following table:
Roll of 1 - 4 = roll on graph A
Roll of 5 - 7 = roll on graph B
Roll of 8+ = roll on graph C

Graph A Bones or Gold - roll 1d4
1 = one free in game reroll
2 = 2 in game gold directly from Legars phat stash
3 = two free in game rerolls
4 = 4 in game gold (to be found in Razz's room, enjoy)

Graph B Gabriels Dream Items - roll 1d6
1 = +2/+0 skinning knife
2 = +3/+1 Spork (meals that normally took 20 rounds are now consumed in only one round.)
3 = Underwear of Invisibility
4 = Pink Feather Boa of Persuasion (+2 to skill)
5-6 = Pyrite Buckler of Doom (+1 impedence)

Graph C The Womens (in game WAGs)
1 = blonde hottie
2 = leggy brunette
3 = red headed sweety
4 = short, dumpy, fat girl that cheats on you with everybody in town but brews the finest ale known.

Good luck. Get started writing, his magnificence awaits your results.
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant.
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROLL UR OWN ADVENTURE
Dartavian
Strategoi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ROLL UR OWN ADVENTURE

I think Lurker just did!

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
- Albert Einstein
TheLurkerBelow
Strategoi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOTHAR
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject: Captain Conn Reply with quote

Great post Lurker, I want the underwear of invisibility. Apologize for not being the writer that Lars and Lurker are. But I have finally gotten around to writing Conn's background.

This is the story of Conn Grimstone, Captain of the Lodge of the Bronze Knight.

I was born in a small mountain village of miners and hunters along the Zhellan Traderoad, near Brandmoor. It is a tough land, where only the strong survive. My father and mother, Connel and Brena Grimstone, instructed me in the arts of survival and hunting in the harsh lands of Khaedor. Maybe too well. Even at a young age I would sneak off into the mountains for days, constantly testing myself. When I returned home with my furs, I would accept my punishment from my mother for making her worry, but could see that my father was proud of his son. It was worth the beatings I would receive. My favorite uncle Brendor, who grew up with my father, would visit the village from time to time. Although he never said where he was off too, he always brought me great presents when he visited. He always said that I was exactly like my father when he was my age, straight forward, strong willed, independent, but sometimes a little too harsh and serious for a young orc. I guess things never change, except I am older. But then again, to me, you had to be harsh and serious when you grew up in the wilderness. On my 14th birthday my uncle handed me a gold inlayed wooden box. He made me promise him that I would not open it until the right time, and that I would know when that time was. That next year a group of mercenaries came into the village looking for a guide. They were hunting brigands. Against my mother and father’s wishes, I volunteered to go with them. I grew to like the traveling and exploring the World of Twylos. It was then that I understood why my uncle didn’t stay in the village. Plus it gave me an opportunity to continually test myself. I spent 3 years with the mercenaries. While with the group I honed my skills and picked up some more…. deadly skills. Unfortunately, as the days pasted, the group began to become more and more violent. They started doing things that I didn’t agree with because they thought they were the LAW. One night the group entered a small village, against my warnings for I knew the village, and murdered all the people claiming they sheltered brigands. Before the attack, they stabbed me in the back and left me for dead, which was the last mistake they would ever make. After I awoke and saw what they had done….. I began to hunt…. them. One by one, they “disappeared”. When I was done, I returned to my village, happy to be home. Shortly after my return home, a rider came into the village bearing my uncles belongings. I knew it was time to open the box. Inside was a silver medallion with the words Lodge of the Bronze Knight engraved on it. That is when my mother told me that he was a member. My father and mother told me that they would be honored if I took his place in the order. The next morning, I said goodbye to my parents, and rode off to join the Order. To this day I live by a set of rules that my parents instilled in me. 1st Respect must be earned by actions and deeds, not words. 2nd Always be prepared, the wilderness never gives you a second chance. 3rd In the wilderness, equipment is more important than gold, always purchase the best equipment that you can afford. 4th Only take what you can use, anything more weakens the group. 5th Never tell someone to do a job that I can do…. usually better. 6th Always be honest and direct, it eliminates misunderstandings. 7th Enemies are only a problem if they are alive. 8th Never cross an Orc. These rules have always served me well; you would be smart to follow them in my presence.
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an FYI for the LBK: Leo Lingas is illustrating Legar. -I think he'll do him justice.
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm impressed guys. Guest GMs I tried once, but our gaming group wasn't sufficiently matured to have the kind of trust and openness required.

Or really, I was just pissed the other guy gave better treasure than I did, and then I was like great, this 3rd level dude has a Wand of Fireballs in my game now.

Anyway, with age, I've learned that the stuff I'm most interested in is the stuff I've never thought about before- i.e., other peoples' ideas. Would love to play in a shared world. Glad you're making it work.
TheLurkerBelow
Strategoi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivan the Mildly Annoyed appreciates a good ritual sacrifice. A correct sacrifice requires the right tools. The proper blade shows respect for the extreme efforts provided by the victim and righteous tribute paid to the higher power.

This blade has two cutting edges: a very sharp side when removing delicate organs require a certain amount of delicate precision, and a rough jagged edge when a sacrifice calls for a fair amount of suffering. Quenched in the blood of a barghest, it should handle the delicate skin of fairy elves, as well as the rough bones of lizards and ogres.

The bone handle is courtesy of a fine sized catablepus, one that perished with a nasty temper going off. Ivan is a master of sculpture and enjoys working in wood, stone, or bone. A good ritual deems bone a neccesity. He has acquired quite a few gems and likes to incorporate them into his sculpting. The head has been carved to what Ivan believes is a good likeness for the elemental prince he believes he derives much of his own powers from. Ivan anticipates becoming a sacrifice himself at some point and hopes his own comes at the hand of a grand elemental force and not some damn dirty demon.

Here Ivan's, um, nephew demonstrates the blades use.

(I've been pretty busy lately so this poor blade was not to my usual standard. the handle is painted wood, and nothing is actually permanantly attached just yet)
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, oh wow.

KIDS, JUST SAY NO TO SATAN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> World of Twylos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: