Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

Registry of the Lodge of the Bronze Knight
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> World of Twylos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Khurne
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eesh..You're all insane with all your writings and the what-nots. Hopefully this is good enough for all you pros Razz

Character: Sperkol
Plane Sign: The Deep - Melancholy, Curiousity
Month: October (Vorn) - Inquisitive

“SKERKOL!” yelled the tiny woman, with an unfitting and booming voice. “It wadn’ me Ma!” cried back a young and frightened gnome-ling, covered head to toe in mud, his voice staggering. He had to get these dirty clothes off before his infuriated mother came bursting through the boys’ room! In his panicked mind, this could be a fierce battle of life and death; or even worse, the tides of this very battle could yield results of no dessert tomorrow!
The little boy was startled when one of his brothers shot up from one the five beds surrounding the wall of the room. “Were you out ‘making new friends’ again, Skerkol?” asked his inquisitive brother, trying to hide the worry in his voice. The brother was answered with no words, only a sour face with two orbs beaming back at his bed-ridden brother. Those very two orbs began developing moisture, like the dew growing on the fresh morning grass. “Well let’s hurry up then, and switch clothes silly! Mama gonna beat your backside redder’ den’ our hair if she finds out you been messin’ with them animal bones again! Now hurry up!” ordered Sperkol, to his frightened brother.
Skerkol dropped down to his knickers and hopped into bed and gazed back at his brother, who was rubbing the mud all over his hands and face, then began rolling the dirty clothes into a smile wad. To his misunderstanding though, Sperkol leaned down the front of his own bed, to place the clothes underneath, and then he froze in position. “What are you doing!?” whispered Skerkol frantically. Once again, the retort in return was only that of a sly wink and a smirk. The door burst open and that smug look immediately turned into that of a cat whose tail had just been severed as the boy faced his mother! “Wait Mama, wait!” cried little Sperkol as his mother began dragging him out of the room by his leg. Skerkol couldn’t help but notice the smile remained beaming at him from his older brother. Once again, Sperkol had played the martyr for one of his brothers. One of these days, such heroic acts will have to be repaid to their dear brother…one day.

“Sperkol O’Brien is the name folks! I hail from a beautiful and bountiful family of gnomes. My father’s name is Kudzu O’Brien, a well-respected priest of Aguierre, and devoted in the path of righteousness. My mother is Rosie O’Brien, a very skilled scout and hunter. I am the 3rd child of 5. We brothers are listed as follows, from eldest to youngest: Snerkol is a Hermetic mage, Smerkol took after mother and followed the ways of the scout, I am obviously Sperkol and am a priest of Kithain, Sterkol took up arms in the militia, and my youngest brother Sterkol has always had a strange connection with Ritual Magic and those who involve themselves with it.”
“I pride myself on doing anything I can to aid those I care about, or those who have aided me. I am easily described as loyal, friendly, curious, and by some – a pest. However, I refuse to allow such things to sever a chance of friendship! Everyone is welcome to their own thoughts and opinions! The scales can always be rebalanced in a situation, no matter how grim. Lady Kithain has the power to destroy just as easily as she can rejuvenate what she sees her as her will, therefore we as her pawns should spend less time arguing about petty ideals and take in this beautiful world the lady has offered for us!”
“As a priest I spent many years in a temple praying, studying, and practicing some finer skills. However, I was not trained at depth in the arts of combat. I hope to only fight when absolutely necessary, as I’m much more skilled at healing, then hurting. Many a new face have I met at the temple that I will cherish through my life. Now, my time has come to set foot out into the world which Lady Kithain has laid before me. I have heard rumors of a town called Badger’s Mill requiring the services of any spare arm that will lend its help, and I have decided to answer the call! I, Sperkol O’Brien, will brave the large masses of land! I will trudge on to meet new friends, and create strong alliances! I will go forth and de-… What in the blazes is that?!” . . . “NO! I MEAN YOU NO HAR-“ . . . Sperkol’s heroic-wannabe speech was cut short after he was ambushed by a foe much greater than himself.
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, great. Good luck with the adventures, the manticore and fir bolg and all that. Ah those 1st level days...
TheLurkerBelow
Strategoi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malach. Half Orc Male Bloodhound/Informant

It's true Thenzor Deep is a large and wealthy city, but not all get to partake in the bounty. Some are so far out of the loop they can't take care of their own. That doesn't keep them from producing offspring. Within some lost and forgotten sections of the warehouse district small gangs of street urchins pick and scrap their way for survival.

Malach had never met his father but suspected he was one of the many sailors that picked up the wanton mothers of these urchins for a night, more or less. Most of these desperate women simply wanted help attaining the latest addictive goods created by the Alchemists, Lords of the city. Others simply so desperate the opportunity of a hot meal would suffice. The kids watched after each other. Being in a brutal environment made them brutally protective of one another. The young teens took charge and both cared for and used the younger kids for their own purposes. Living day to day in the simplist and harshest conditions these kids learned the best places to acquire what was required of life. As they came of age they too joined the adults, frequently in the seedier aspects of adult life.

Malach had no problems with assisting adults who sought out others in the city. These people offered rewards, and the rewards continued to get better. From some candy and food to begin with, to old clothes and weapons, and eventually to a silver piece, sometimes more. He didn't care who their target was, who they represented, or what their intentions were: it was none of his buisiness. Till an agent of the Alchemists requested assistance in locating Briggs, a former street rat that had helped Malach growing up.

It wasn't difficult finding Briggs. He informed Briggs of his situation and then helped the kid skip town. He watched as the kid botched his own escape, and informed his captives how he knew to make a break for it. Malach had been in Thenzor Deep 18 years when this happened. He'd learned a lot there. Figured out how to fix his own meals from the scrap bins of local dives. Improved upon the worn out old clubs and maces given him by soldiers and Slavers. Most importantly he'd learned that this latest development would mean he'd not be trusted to do his job ever again. In fact, some among his contacts would probably determine that he would need to go away. He determined that the only way he would see 18 more years was if he were stowed on the next boat out.

After working his skills in Westgate for a couple months he seemed to have finally found a home with a band of "opportunists" in Rheyes. In addition to learning the wheres and whos of Rheyes he was also repairing weapons for them. This could have been a long career but when the very Alchemist agent he'd betrayed came to expand Alchemist operations in Rheyes he got nervous and decided it was time to move along again. One of his band suggested he check out Llesendor, where a ratkin acquaintance of his had recently reported finding a large home of "opportunities." The Jinx he was to look up had become a member of the Lodge of the Bronze Knight.

In Llesendor he was directed to the Rusty Toad, told it was just the kind of establishment to find members of the Lodge. There he did in fact encounter Legar, who was somewhat intoxicated and welcomed drinking partners, buying for all that would partake. After a few hours of dealing with Legars futile attempt at song, the big orc admitted that he could introduce Malach to the ratkin Jinx. He insisted however, that Malach would have to come to the Lodge and meet him, and that such a fine fellow as Malach would be a great addition to the Lodge. Malach was a bit uncertain at first, but Legar made it perfectly clear that Malach would be most welcome, because he, Legar, ran the entire outfit! It would be great to say that this was the beginning of a great friendship, and perhaps it could be at some point, but so far Legar has proven to be nothing more than a fat-headed fraud. /end

attn Legar: POST YA BIG GOON OR NEXT TIME I TAKE LIBERTIES WITH YOUR CHARACTER THEY MAY BE INDECENT
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Lodge of the Bronze Knight.

We are starting to commission art for the NPC gallery. If a member of the lodge would like to step forward, we'd be happy to add him/her to the gallery as an illustrated character.

One member, please.
Dartavian
Strategoi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy,

We will talk about it when we get together this Sunday and give you our nomination on Monday. Thanks in advance for the honor of having one of our characters illustrated in the gallery.

Thanks,

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
- Albert Einstein
Dartavian
Strategoi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy,

I asked the guys which character they thought embodied the spirit of the Order of the Bronze Knight to be submitted for illustration in the upcoming NPC Gallery. Surprisingly they quickly came to the conclusion that it was Legar. Legar the Orc is a Council Member of the Order of the Bronze Knight. He is a plate wearing, sword & board wielding mercenary. He is my brothers’ main character which happens to be the only player in my group that is basically computer illiterate. His background will finally be submitted later this week with some help from Lars & The Lurker Below. Once I get it I will build his character sheet in an electronic format and send it to you.

Thanks,

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
- Albert Einstein
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dartavian wrote:
Surprisingly they quickly came to the conclusion that it was Legar. Legar the Orc is a Council Member of the Order of the Bronze Knight. He is a plate wearing, sword & board wielding mercenary.

Awesome. I look forward to seeing Legar the Orc.
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I echo that. Nice that the consensus came quickly. Looking forward to seeing this guy.
Lars
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry all, ive been out of commission lately and probably will be this next week. ill pass the info to lurker to work with. Im doing a counter surveillance and protection gig so i dont have much free time. hope to see you tonight if my wife is ok with me taken off a few hours since i havent seen her too much this week. after 26 years youd think shed want me gone as much as possible but hey.... shes as nuts as i am i guess. cyas soon
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Counter surveillance and protection"? Now that is a job, friend.

But I hear ya. Moving to New York, lots of stuff to take care of over the next few months... going to be kind of low key here from here on out.
TheLurkerBelow
Strategoi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Orc Non-Wizard Legar (to the tune of Pinball Wizard)

Ever since I was a young orc
I ran and hid from my dad.
He was a big ugly mean alcoholic
who beat me really bad.
My momma couldn't take it,
it made her really sad.
This stinky little bratty orc
sure hides from hs mean dad.

I've hid out in caravans
from Tzalvas to Rothaine.
Learning to track and scout
how could I have been to blame
when the caravan was hit by raiders
and everybody fell.
I returned too late to help
but there was nobody for me to tell.

I already found the platinum seal
the Slavers raiders were looking for.
I was headed for the Bronze Knight
because the seal was already my score.

the lurker needs a better job /sigh
TheLurkerBelow
Strategoi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legar the Orc (Brady Bunch theme)

Here's the story of an orc named Legar
who was beaten by his alcoholic dad.
She died young, his poor mother,
cause she was very sad.

Here's the story, of a doomed caravan,
where Legar learned to track and scout.
It was plundered by a bunch of raiders
while Legar was off fishing for trout.

Then one day he returned and they were all dead.
In his search he found the platinum seal
on the poor caravan merchant, shot in the head.
Legar would keep the seal the raiders didn't steal.

That's the way Legar joined the Bronze Knight.
The Lodge of the Bronze Knight.

Better? Perhaps?
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLurkerBelow wrote:
Better? Perhaps?

LOL Yeah, I could get the flow of that one.
Dartavian
Strategoi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker I ain't going to knock your creativity but, how in the hell am I supposed to put that on a character sheet?

Must be a boring week in the 1800's! Come back to the present for a few moments and please send me something that I can put on Legars character sheet that is presentable.

Thanks!

- Albert Einstein
Legar
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shutup Lurker, Ivan, whoever! Fool!

Legar
Councilman, Order of the Bronze Knight.
Bigger, Stronger, Meaner than you.

It hadn't always been that way. Of couse, those days were long ago so my memory of them is fading. I was from an awful part of Tzalvas. My boorish sot of a father beat both my mother and myself. She died while I was still very young. By the time I was twelve I could take it no more. I wasn't yet as big and mean as him so I took the best option I saw: I hid out in a caravan leaving Tzalvas headed for Vesbridge.

I stayed low and hid pretty easily. Scrounging what I could and staying out of site, I started to notice hunks of bread and bowls of stew in inconspiquous places clearly in my path. Over time enough trust developed that I joined the caravan and served as a scout and hunter. More caravans followed and I eventually gained a great deal of knowledge of the road and surrounding wilds.

It couldn't last forever. I recently turned 24 and not long thereafter the caravan I was scouting for was ambushed and pillaged by raiders. They had been too slow, I too far ahead to return and warn them, defend them. Most everything was plundered. While burying the murdered victims I found a bit of silver and other coin, as well as a seal that belonged to the Bronze Knight.

I determined then it was time to give caravans a break. I would go to this Lodge and see what value the seal was to them. So it came to be that today I am councilman, reigning over the Lodge, fearless of men and of the consequences of a bold assertion of my opinion.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, you stupid necromancer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> World of Twylos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: