Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

NPC gallery in the works.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Wayfarers RPG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: NPC gallery in the works. Reply with quote

Creating NPCs can be a hassle at times. Soon there will be help.

More to come.
Wizard
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent news. Looking forward to seeing it.
Dartavian
Strategoi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see it.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
- Albert Einstein
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear.

Since we are in development, it might be worth asking if there is anything in particular that you forum members would like addressed. These are the general sections that are going in at the moment:

NPC/PC kits: About a dozen example characters, advanced from levels 1-10.
NPC building tools: including Discipline blocks and Proficiency blocks for different levels. (For example, an NPC can be constructed by grabbing one 3rd level Discipline block and one 3rd level Proficiency block.)
A gallery of about 100 NPCs: 8-10 for each level 1-12.
A name gazette.
A spellbook gazette.
Several unique NPC personalities: similar to those in the book.
A few useful NPC groups: caravan, guard patrol, shipcrew, etc.
Dartavian
Strategoi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy,

I know your still in the development phase for the NPC Gallery and this may be a little premature but I would like to be the first to formally submit my order for it.

Thank you,

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
- Albert Einstein
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone should feel free to submit their own PCs- uh, to Swill- for inclusion in the NPC Gallery.
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregory Vrill wrote:
Everyone should feel free to submit their own PCs- uh, to Swill- for inclusion in the NPC Gallery.

I think Dartavian is talking about ordering the Gallery, but it's a fine idea. If anyone wants to submit an NPC, I'll work them in as long as they are created within the rules.

Plugging away at it.
Dartavian
Strategoi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy,

Can optional Disciplines and Proficiency rules contained in the Wayrfarers RPG or any of the Wayfarers Guild Journals be used for characters that are submitted for the NPC Gallery? If not what are the specific parameters that must be adhered to, if so could you please list them?

Thanks

- Albert Einstein
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been using the Optional Rules for the NPCs in the Gallery. Otherwise they are within the parameters of PC creation, -attributes and skill points. The Optional Races are fine however, as they are NPC races.

I prefer to keep the Optional Rules just that, dependent upon the individual GM. They don't have names, but any names could be added to the name gazette. Here's a working draft NPC:

Quote:
(Rogue)
Skill Level: 2
Race: Half-orc
A: 16, E: 7, I: 13, P: 7, S: 8
Magic: none
Dodge: 17
Health points: 9
Physical Resist: +0/+1
Mental Resist: +0/+1
Armor: none
Initiative modifier: +3
Run/swim: 120’/30’
Skill Points: 20, DP: 0, PP: 0

2/3 x long sword (+2, +1): 1d8
1 x bolt, light crossbow (+1, +0): 1d4 +1
1 x knife (+1, +0): 1d3

Disciplines: Backstab I, Improved Dodge I, Increased Accuracy I, Increased Mental Resist I, Language, Literacy, Magic Resistance I, Multiple Attacks (E) I, Weapon Mastery (E) I

Proficiencies: Acrobatics I, Climbing I, Lock-picking II, Local Knowledge I, Perception I, Regional Knowledge I, Seamanship I, Sleight of Hand II, Stealth II, Swimming I

Equipment: Clothes, hat, cloak, long sword, quiver, 20 bolts, light crossbow, knife with ivory handle (15 sc), silver necklace with anchor pendant (10 sc), satchel (contains: 3 days food, gold medallion (35 sc), lock-pick set), coin purse (2 gc, 31 sc, 22 cc)

Let me know if you need any more info.
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update. The NPC Gallery is coming along. We'll be commissioning artwork soon.
Dartavian
Strategoi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy,

I have been really busy at work; I plan on submitting a few characters after this weekend, at least a dwarf – fighter type, human – knight, human - mage & elf warrior-mage type. I know the classification terminology doesn’t fit Wayfarers but I will make sure they fit with in the guidelines you have set. Also, what level would you sugest the NPC’s I submit be? I would also like to make up a gnome – illusionist and a halfling (let me know if this is acceptable) I apologize that I have not got them submitted before now but real life has taken priority.

Thanks!

- Albert Einstein
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's sounds fine Dartavian. There are 100+ NPCs of level 1-10, which are formatted much like the one above. In addition, there will be a section for NPCs that are more flushed out, with names and some background, not unlike those that can be downloaded from the site.

Feel free to submit NPCs in either form. The previous from should be of level 1-10, and the more detailed form can be of any level. We will make sure the formatting is correct. If your group would like to submit a couple of characters from the Order of the Bronze Knight, that would be fine too. -Maybe we'll get one illustrated.

I'm not 100% sure about using the name 'Halfling'. I'll have to check the SRD and WoTC OGL. I believe it is ok, but I'll have to get back to you. All the Wayfarers races are fine, including the optional ones.
Dartavian
Strategoi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy,

When do you expect the NPC Gallery to be released? Also, I new at one time you talked about releasing a full sized printed map of Twylos any idea on when we could see that happen?

Thanks,

- Albert Einstein
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dartavian wrote:
When do you expect the NPC Gallery to be released? Also, I new at one time you talked about releasing a full sized printed map of Twylos any idea on when we could see that happen?

Dartavian, my guess for the Gallery is June. It could be a bit sooner, but it depends on the art. The text is nearly complete. It's been a bit slower than I'd like, but non-YOGC life has been pulling at multiple angles. -That and Greg is moving across country for another job, which has diminished his ability to contribute to this one.

Once complete, I'd like to get WGJ3 moving.

The poster issue will be resolved ASAP. I'd like one myself, as I am regathering our group for a session.

I'll let you know as soon as I do.
Dartavian
Strategoi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jimmy, no problem life happens. Good luck on the move and the new job Greg.

- Albert Einstein
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Wayfarers RPG All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: