Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

GQ1 YOUR QUEST AWAITS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> World of Twylos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: GQ1 YOUR QUEST AWAITS Reply with quote

Okay, let's game this weekend. I'm feeling rested and better. Here's your adventure:

GeodeQuest 1: Quest for the Geode

"Do you know what this is?"

The illustrious Guildmaster holds up an orbical rock. "Uh, it's... a geode?" one of you ventures.

"Dang right 'it's a geode'," the ambitious Alchemical Master says, in mock falsetto. "And we're about to get cut off."

The brilliant Guildsman explains the situation. Apparently the Guild uses geodes in top-priority research, and receives its main supply from the underground city of Richardson Deep. However, Lord Richard 5 of Richardson Deep is stepping down and handing over control of the mines to his heir, Richard 6. Richard 6 is anti-intellectual and a reactionary anarchist and will be closing the mines.

"So go to Richardton... Richardson Deep or wherever and kill him."

The provocative Master explains that the second in line, Samule, has a good head on his shoulders, knows what's best for the community and will keep the mines open.

"You'll take horses to the Ungor Depot, where you'll take the train north through the mountains," explains your well-groomed Guildmaster. "The train goes to Richardson Ville, and you'll head into the Deep from there. It's a small community of miners and you're, well let's not mince words. You're highly trained Guild Assassins," states the stately Master Vrill. "Look, this is a job so easy a baby could do it." The famished Guildmaster peels and eats a grape. "The baby's busy. So we got you. Now get to work."

"Oh, and," exclaims the sedulous Master, "bring back some geodes. I'll pay one electrum per geode. Not per PC," he leers again, "but PER GEODE."

You are highly trained 1st level Guild Assassins, employed by the Alchemists to make business run smoothly. An inbred family of half-ogres has been controlling the Richardson Deep Geodesic Mines (RDGM) for thirty years, providing crystals of exceptional value. For some reason, the heir is going to put a stop to this. So put a stop to him.

1st level by the book. You start out with Novice rank in any Guild, and Apprentice rank in any Guild, for the bonuses listed in the Twylos section. Additionally, you are each given a Potion of Fix (heals 1d2) and one dose of synthetic blade poison that doesn't have the crappy poison penalties of Wayfarers, you put it on a weapon and it works. Phys Res check of 13, or take 1 pt per pt missed by (e.g., you roll a 4, you take 9 pts of damage).

As company Assassins, you have no Guild regalia and the Guild denies your membership and existence.

If you don't make a guy before we begin, you'll be playing one of Vrill's Apprentice Steve clones. Here he is:

APPRENTICE STEVE, 1st LEVEL CLONE
Agility: 10
Endurance: 12
Intellect: 12
Presence: 11
Strength: 12

Health Points: 12
Dodge: 10
Physical Resistance: +1
Mental Resistance: +1
Impedance: -1
Armor Absorption: 1

Disciplines:
Extra Spell
Hedge Magic Potential (3 1st/day)
Literacy
Pause and Study
Savant- Herbalism
Speak Zhellan

Proficiencies:
Arcane Knowledge I
Herbalism I
Magic Acuity I
Perception I
Stealth I
World Knowledge I

Stuff:
Dagger
Leather armor
Potion of Fix
Spellbook (3 spells, roll randomly)
Spyglass
Synthetic blade poison, 1 dose
21 silver

Description:
IM GANDALF LOL
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ambitious, famished Guildmaster? You haven't seen WGJ2 yet, have you?

Sounds like a pretty solid one shot. Alright, I'll work something up. Something special. Good to see you're feeling better, Vrill.

Wish you could join us, Moth. -This ought to be interesting.
Dag
Demiurge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good times Vrill. too bad friggin wireless networks and marathon variants absorbed our interests.

WARRIORS!!!
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, great adventure. I'll leave the recap to you.
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great recap, Vrill... Neutral

I do have to say that for Vrill's one-shot adventure we tried the '2d20 keep the lowest' for non-proficiency checks. -I think it worked well. Something about picking the lowest of two die feels non-proficient. If that makes any sense.

I have my group running this Saturday. I think I might try it again then.

I played a Ritualist named Bertrum Salizar. I learned that Pillage Spirit is pretty nice when there's unconscious folk within reach. We didn't accomplish our mission and executed what was probably the worst sneak attack in the history of our gaming group. Good times.
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...

1. The PCs were assassins who were supposed to go to this mining town and kill the 'bad heir' to make sure the 'good heir' would preserve the Guild geode mining interests.

2. They left town via horse and cart. But they had a wandering monster! They rolled Horses. They rolled 1 Horse. So it was an Alchemist Guild experiment gone horribly wrong, making a super-sized horse. It went crazy and attacked. Mike tried to ride it. Dave, Steve, Ed, and Mark shot it down. They did a good job and leveled.

3. Next they went to the train station. They got on the train. Some Ixians got on too. The PCs tried to steal everything they could, and sort of succeeded. Then the Ixians did their thing and a big fight broke out. The PCs won and they leveled.

4. But the Ixians made a cave-in. So the train derailed and the PCs had to walk to Richardson Deep. They did. Some NPC warriors from the train joined their cause.

5. They found that Richardson Ville had been attacked and all the townsogres butchererd. Plus some big dragon bug machine made a hole in the ice but they left that alone. So they went into the Deep and found that like 24 Ixians had taken the miners hostage.

6. So Mike moonwalked into the Ixian tent, put on a clown show for the Ixians, and f'd it all up. The five PCs and their four Warriors took on a small Ixian army. The DM rolled AMAZINGLY POORLY it was just so crazy my dice luck sucks I hate rolling dice it was unbelievable but I rolled out in the open and like rarely rolled double digits.

7. So the PCs killed all the Ixians. But it was a super close fight. It got down to Dave and a Warrior vs two minor Ixians, and they agreed to disagree and the Ixians fled and the PCs won and they leveled.

8. They then were welcomed into Richardson Deep Keep as heroes, even though they're assassins, where we ended the adventure.

9. STAY TUNED FOR MORE AWESOME ADVENTURES FROM GREG VRILL AND CO!
Dag
Demiurge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[cue beats] WARRIORS...

YEAH

MUTHAH FUCKIN' WARRIORS

[cut wicked beats]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> World of Twylos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: