Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

Wayfarers Guild Journal Issue #2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Wayfarers Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Wayfarers Guild Journal Issue #2 Reply with quote

I'm starting this thread as a heads-up that we are going to start organizing the 2nd issue of the Wayfarers Guild Journal. We will be shooting for an April-May release.

Here's what I know will be in there so far:
Random Treasure Determination -by Jimmy
Laboratory Mini-module -by Jimmy
Twylos 4th Era -by Greg
Viral Magic Spells -by Greg
Lesser Faith Magic -by Jimmy and Ars M
Custom Character sheet -by Korvanis

This is what might be added that I know is being worked on:
Espers (Psionics) -by Moth
Faction Abilities -by Ars M.
Minor Spellcasters -by Ars M.

There's a handful of other things that might be added as well. In fact, there's enough material that everything might not make it into the 2nd issue and some might roll into the 3rd. I'm fairly sure that this issue is going to have a higher page-count than the 1st.

If anyone has any ideas they might like to add, let us know. Some new creatures, spells, or items would be nice. -We'll always give space priority for new creators.

Last edited by JimmySwill on Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gustav Gelling
Demiurge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a few ideas, just need time to really work them out.

I did a bunch of thinking on the Tetractys, since I was kind of displeased with the first article- it's a tease, with no actual gameable content. I've worked some stuff out I think is pretty good though, so expect "further pages from the Tetractys." I could only give you another teaser-style in time for this journal. The actual content kind of blows the lid off of the 4-magic system.

More creatues, yes. I've given some thought to a "creature variations by region" type article, which explains the differences among monsters in various parts of the world. For instance, perhaps everything in a particular forest regenerates or has chitonous plates which grant them natural armor.

This issue looks cool so far. Work continues on psionics.
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this sounds good Mo... er Gustav.

I'd love to see the lid blown off the 4-magic system. A regional bestiary would also be very cool.

I'm putting Harold's spike-shooting wand in there.
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've just commissioned the cover art for the WGJ#2.

If you are planning on submitting something, aim to get it to me by April 15th.

Remember, this can be almost anything Wayfarers-related: Items, Spells, Creatures, New Skills, Home-brewed mechanics, plot-hooks, setting material, even editorials or meta-discussion.
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update.

Looks like y'all have until the end of April to get things in. At least, that's my target. I am working on a micro-setting, a creature (the Fuath), and will probably get an intro on Ars M's factions together.

Greg sent me the latest Twylos IV installment yesterday and it is fantastic. One of the subheadings is "Cancer Carl Wants to Die". -Need I say more?

James Cavoretto, Monique Bonneau and Matteo Bocci are working with us again to give WGJ2 some original artwork.
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to give a sneak preview of the WGJ2 cover by James Cavoretto.

Still hard at work on the inside of the journal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Wayfarers Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: