Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

Fallout 3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Fallout 3 Reply with quote

Fallout 3 really is amazing.

Marching over a hill in early dawn, coming to the top and seeing the ruins of the Capitol building and the Washington Monument in the distance, incredible. Then there's a yell and some shots, and my dude turns to see a raider. I shoot him and the game goes into cinematic mode, showing how my bullet shoots the guy's head RIGHT OFF.

Sorry Wayfarers, you are no longer the #1 game for me right now.
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You heard it folks, there will be a slight delay in the release of the first Wayfarers module.

Oh, it will also now be called "FO-1: D.C. in Dust".
Dag
Demiurge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which platform are you playint FO3 on?
Ars Mysteriorum
Demiurge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh...

Sometimes I hate having a Mac.
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xbox 360. My TV is really small, 13", but so far no major problems reading text or seeing things. (BioShock and Mass Effect, I'm lookin at you.)

Really, this game is fantastic. Wasteland is my favorite game, and a major influence on all my campaigns. Guardian Citadel and Sleeper Base are two of the most interesting and best-designed dungeons in any CRPG, which I've copied to death, and the Temple of the Mushroom Cloud is just crazy fun.

Fallout 3 is the worthy heir to Wasteland and Fallout 1/2. It's what Mass Effect could've and should've been.

The only thing so far that sucks is, if you've even one pound over your weight limit, you're encumbered, meaning you move so damn slow. You have infinite carrying capacity, which is nice, but you're still just lumbering across the wasteland. At least you can insta-travel not too late into the game. And fortunately, ammo weighs nothing. So this really isn't a big deal, except for SPOLERZ when you first leave the Vault carrying all those damn coffeecups you're sure will be worth something at the shop. ENDSPOLZERS

So yeah Swill, between this and, uh, my real life research et al., Toledo is gonna have to wait a week or so. Although a Wayfarers Wasteland/Fallout module would be sweet.
Dag
Demiurge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ars Mysteriorum wrote:
Sigh...

Sometimes I hate having a Mac.

I'm right there with ya mate... but hey, at least the intel macs can still rock the games.
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it was awesome.

It was especially awesome when, in the middle of playing, I actually went to DC, drove around, and was like, huh, now I know what this city's going to look like when the nuclear apocalypse comes.
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean Project Toledo is going to warm up? Should we add the ruins of the Lincoln Memorial?
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VISIT THE RUINS OF THE TOLEDO ZOO AND CEDAR POINTE AND SOME OTHER STUFF IN POST APOCALPYTIC OHIO IN THIS EXCITING NEW ADVENTURE FROM YOUR PALS AT YOGC
Dag
Demiurge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not the only one who loved it Vrill:

http://www.physorg.com/news157300567.html
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, basically it got top ratings all around from lots of sources. No wonder. The game really is damn good. Unfortunately I'm not on Xbox Live so I haven't downloaded the 2 or 3 bonus scenarios- Alaska and Pittsburgh.
MySheep
Strategoi

Location: just off the Columbia, spitting distance from the US border

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it for the pc. The bloody mess perk is entertaining. Today I shot a ghoul, and saw his brain! It was very small.
Morgannon
Heuristician

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gregory Vrill wrote:
Xbox 360. My TV is really small, 13"

Bummer there.

When it comes to Fallout 3 on the Xbox, my dick is 34" long and flat. Sorry mods.

Seriously though G*r*e*g (edit by Greyfaced that name is verboten), this is my favorite comp game of all time hands down. I played it twice in a row now.

There really is nothing quite like spotting a group of raiders in the distance through the scope of your Reservist's Rifle and noticing that they are standing next to an abandoned car.

I think you know what happens next.

So good.
Master Thomas Anopheles
Strategoi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally. What happens next is you run out of ammo, revert to sledge hammer, and become a TRUE MAN.

Either that or nuke it all to God.
Charakan
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First my apologies for casting raise dead on this thread, but I'm just having another run through Fallout 3 and I am having a blast, I can't wait for Fallout: New Vegas in the autumn as well.

I got Metro 2033 today which is a gritty post apocalyptic shooter set in Moscow in the aftermath of a nuclear war. Got to say I was really blown away by my first outing from the tunnels of the underground train system where the survivors live into a mutant filled city in the grip of a nuclear winter.

Apart from the Fallout series, Wasteland, Metro 2033 and the Stalker games does anyone know some other good post apocalypse video games?

I'm thinking of using the idea of the survivors living in the underground rail system as a setting riff for a post apocalypse pen and paper game using the London underground and the miles of tunnels under the city, can't decide whether to use GURPS or Mongoose Traveller though, had a look at my old copy of Aftermath but I think the system is a little to crunchy for people who have been reared on modern tabletop RPGs.

Also could anyone recommend any good sources of post apocalyptic fiction or movies, I have The Postman, Damnation Alley, The Mad Max movies on DVD and have played all the Fallout video games.

Thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: