Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

agility to-hit bonus and fighting with anything but two weap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Wayfarers RPG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
breikie
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: agility to-hit bonus and fighting with anything but two weap Reply with quote

hi...
think i'm reading something wrong...

the on-hand to-hit bonus granted by a high agility score should only apply when fighting with two weapons (p. eight) (to compensate for the penalty);

why then it is clearly stated (below the agility table- p.10) that "the on-hand weapon to-hit modifier applies to two-handed melee weapons and missile weapons as well"?? -there is no penalty in the first place (fighting with two weapons isn't like fighting with two hands- p.34)

am i to understand that having an agility score of gagillion and fighting with a rapier with one hand means no bonus, but having agility 14 and fighting with a staff (two hands)/ shooting a crossbow/ throwing a dagger means +1 bonus?

anyone?
Metathiax
Demiurge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I'm mistaken, the on-hand modifier to-hit in table 2.1.1 applies to any type of weapon (one-hand, two-hand, missile).

When fighting with two weapons, a -2 penalty is further applied to the character's on-hand attack and the off-hand modifier to-hit in table 2.1.1 applies to his off-hand attack.
breikie
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thing is the agility entry in page eight specifically says a high or low score affects the character's to-hit chance when employing two weapons; there is no word on general to-hit modification (which is quite important, and should have been mentioned)

i'll house-rule untill i get more replies; but, thanks for your thought metathiax, again...
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey breikie,

Meta is correct. The on-hand modifier applies to all weapons, one or two-handed. The statement on page 8 refers specifically to the off-hand modifier. TBH it would be clearer if page 8 simply stated that an agility score can modify your ability to hit with a weapon.

The confusion comes from the revision. In the first print, agility did not bring an on-hand modifier. The general treatment on page 8 was not changed. It is technically correct, but seems incorrect by omission.

Hope that helps!
breikie
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awsome; thanks...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Wayfarers RPG All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: