Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

New Ability cost

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Wayfarers Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tywyll
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: New Ability cost Reply with quote

I'm thinking of adopting Wayfarers for my homebrew game but its missing a few things that I'd need to add. How much would you charge for these disciplines?

1) Pass Without Trace (like the Druid/Ranger ability from DnD)?
2) Life Bond (elf only ability, can cling/stick to organic plant based materials, essentially allowing them to climb trees and wooden rafters flawlessly).
3) Lay on Hands (ala Paladins)

Any help would be appreciated!
frog
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: New Ability cost Reply with quote

Tywyll wrote:
I'm thinking of adopting Wayfarers for my homebrew game but its missing a few things that I'd need to add. How much would you charge for these disciplines?

1) Pass Without Trace (like the Druid/Ranger ability from DnD)?
2) Life Bond (elf only ability, can cling/stick to organic plant based materials, essentially allowing them to climb trees and wooden rafters flawlessly).
3) Lay on Hands (ala Paladins)

Any help would be appreciated!

1) I would create a "Pass without trace" proficiency, at the same cost as "Stealth" (3 sp per grade), or include it as the "Stealth" prof. directly. Its effects are simply that the prof. check becomes the Tracking difficulty target number for the tracking party. If you really want a discipline, but it becomes costly, I would use the "Savant" discipline for "Stealth" prof. (costs 3 sp per +1 bonus on the Stealth check).

2) I would charge the same as the Climb spell : a bit more because it's an innate ability, but a bit less because it only works on organic materials… so, let's keep the same cost ! Smile

3) The same as "Healing II", for instance ? or "Heal Minor Wounds" faith spell ?

F.
Tywyll
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how much do Climb and Heal II cost if you don't have them as a spell?
frog
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tywyll wrote:
So how much do Climb and Heal II cost if you don't have them as a spell?

"Healing II" costs 8 sp (as per the prof., unless I'm wrong)
For "Climb", as a 2nd Circle spell, based on the "Extra Spell" discipline, it would cost 6 sp for me.
These are guidelines, anyway.
Tywyll
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

Lets say Bob wants to make a 'Paladin' like character with the supernatural ability to heal by touch X times a day (or X amount or whatever).

How much would that cost? Assume he has no other spell ability.

As for the Cliimb effect, you'd just charge the cost of a an extra spell slot. Hmmm... that's interesting. I do think Cantrip is a bit too expensive, but 3xlevel per use seems a bit better.
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tywyll wrote:
Sorry, I wasn't clear.

Lets say Bob wants to make a 'Paladin' like character with the supernatural ability to heal by touch X times a day (or X amount or whatever).

Hey Tywyll. Maybe (for the original ruleset), something like:

Laying of Hands: 8 skill points: Character can heal others by touch for a total of 4 Health Points per day. Laying of Hands takes two rounds to complete. Laying of Hands requires faithful devotion to a patron deity. If this devotion is not maintained, Laying of Hands may be less effective, or may not work at all.

Something like that. You could play with the costs or healing some. But that's my call. It's a very useful discipline.
Tywyll
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. I might make it a bit cheaper, maybe 6, and allow you to buy it multiple times to increase the pool of points you can heal (so 6 for I(4pts), 12 for II(8pts), or something like that). Or maybe 3+3xlevel (so 6 +9+12).

Thanks!
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds reasonable. Let us know what you do, and what you think about it. It could be something worth including in the next Wayfarers Guild Journal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Wayfarers Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: