Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

What the heck is going on with the revision?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Wayfarers RPG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: What the heck is going on with the revision?! Reply with quote

Good question.

I don't want to leave everyone in the dark, so I am going to let you all know what I know. This has been a confusing couple of months. But, this is the current situation:

Mongoose had a number of issues with the printer regarding the proofs. This was just recently sorted out, and everything was good to go. However, now the current situation is that the cost for this run is too high because the book is big, and a large initial run isn't justified. The smaller the run, the higher the cost.

The short of it is that Wayfarers is a big book, and shops are not typically willing to order a large number of unproven books, particularly when they are pricey. I've been talking to Mongoose, and they are working on this and with the printer. We want to get it into stores and give this book a chance. I have no reason to believe that Mongoose isn't working in good faith to get this book to print. However, it will probably be several more days before I get some better information.

As for the World of Twylos, the issue there is that the book is pushed back because of this mess, and also Mongoose isn't keen on the cover we chose (the Arcanos stained glass image http://yeoldegamingcompanye.com/wotmain.htm). The cover issue can be easily resolved, but currently the World of Twylos print run sits behind the Wayfarers Rulebook.

This has been very frustrating. I am excited about this revision, and I want to get it out ASAP. We have the PDF ready to go, but we are holding it for the print.

I just want you all to know that I am working hard on getting this book out there, and in good time.

I just put the revised Trouble at Niven's Creek on the product page: http://yeoldegamingcompanye.com/products.htm

I am going to begin overhauling the site now, and separating the original content and resources form the revised material. We are going to get clear of this, and move forward. Thanks for your patience.
Metathiax
Demiurge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my (virtual) hands on the revised adventure and I like what I'm seeing. The downside is that it makes waiting for the rulebook all the more painful. Wink I know that you are doing your best to make it come out as soon as possible.

I might be all wrong but I was thinking that an early release of the pdf might help out the situation by creating a buzz which could generate more demand for the book, and we would have something to sink our teeth into until then. Just saying... Mr. Green
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metathiax wrote:
I might be all wrong but I was thinking that an early release of the pdf might help out the situation by creating a buzz which could generate more demand for the book, and we would have something to sink our teeth into until then. Just saying... Mr. Green

This is something I am considering. I am going to talk to Mongoose about it this week. I've considered the same about the buzz factor.
Metathiax
Demiurge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!

I may be sounding delusional but I somehow believe that it is a good timing for the revised game to come out.

For what it is worth, the announcement of D&D 5E appears to be shaking things up on the major RPG forums.

Even if it is for a short time (until WotC makes actual announcements on the specifics), there appears to be somewhat of a ceasefire between edition warriors, some of whom are coming out of their trenches.

I'm feeling some sort of a temporary open-mindedness, this hiatus might be a good window of opportunity to offer an alternative to the 800 lbs gorilla.

This is where Wayfarers comes in. Cool

In my opinion, this game of yours is probably the most unfairly lesser known fantasy RPG out there. It offers a lot of features some gamers are looking for but they simply don't know about it.
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metathiax wrote:
In my opinion, this game of yours is probably the most unfairly lesser known fantasy RPG out there. It offers a lot of features some gamers are looking for but they simply don't know about it.

Tell that to Mongoose, seriously. Smile

Honestly, if anyone was going to order it, and didn't do the preorder, this would be a good time. That said, if they back out for some reason, then you need to get a refund. :/
Metathiax
Demiurge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimmySwill wrote:
Honestly, if anyone was going to order it, and didn't do the preorder, this would be a good time. That said, if they back out for some reason, then you need to get a refund. :/

I did but it doesn't sound reassuring. Not being in control of your game's destiny does not appear to be a very comfortable position... Confused

Also, the pound to dollar conversion and shipping fee hurt quite a bit. I sure hope that Mongoose will deliver at least as good a quality book as you did.
Metathiax
Demiurge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimmySwill wrote:
Metathiax wrote:

Tell that to Mongoose, seriously. Smile

I'm not promising anything but I'm seriously thinking about submitting a review of the revised edition to RPGnet once it comes out. I feel the game needs some exposure. That would be a first for me but I owe the game as much.
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Metathiax"]
JimmySwill wrote:
Not being in control of your game's destiny does not appear to be a very comfortable position... Confused

It's pretty awful to be honest. But ultimately, this is only short term. The destiny of Wayfarers is still ours. Even if this falls through, I'm not stopping. I have a couple of ideas. But, I think Mongoose would be making a mistake to let it slip. I do think our game has the potential to grab some real attention if it gets on people's radar.

Quote:
I'm not promising anything but I'm seriously thinking about submitting a review of the revised edition to RPGnet once it comes out. I feel the game needs some exposure. That would be a first for me but I owe the game as much.

It's completely up to you. But know that it will be very much appreciated. Thanks. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Wayfarers RPG All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: