Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

Openoffice character sheet/builder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Wayfarers Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frog
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Openoffice character sheet/builder Reply with quote

Hi,
I have created an Openoffice character spreadsheet for Wayfarers, which I may share with interested people, if any. It is still in first stages of development but seems already usable by other people, I think.
The spreadsheet computes most of the data (skill points expenses, etc.) and reflects my understanding of the rules (feel free to report any error I could have made). If that sort of tool violates any copyright or whatsoever, please tell me as soon as possible, I will then not distribute it.
Sincerely yours,
F.
Metathiax
Demiurge

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Frog,

I, for one, would certainly be interested in seeing your work.

Welcome aboard!

MX
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frog, absolutely, let's see it! Maybe we can put it on the resources page?

No copyright worries!

BTW, I hope you'll be able to update it easily enough for the revised version. Smile
frog
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine !
The file is there. Its working should be rather intuitive. In short :
- Sheets that contain data to be filled up are "Data", Magic, Martial, Other and Equipment (that one is to be completed, you only have weapons/armor for the present time). "Summary" tries to present the filled character sheet, in a readable fashion. The "Tables" and "SumData" sheet are not to be edited (hmm, I should have hidden them).
- Data should only be entered in the white cells. Colored cells contain computation or information.
- The spreadsheet tries to enforce some of the rules, but is not intended to be bullet-proof. In general, the "Cost" column of a skill/discipline/whatever displays the cost to buy the next grade. If it is empty, shows a dash or zero, this either means that you should not buy/enter a grade for the item, or that you already have done so and that higher grade/level are not available.
Please feel free to give me feedbacks and comments, I'll try to correct mistakes and improve the spreadsheet.
Sincerely
Metathiax
Demiurge

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your sheet appears to be very useful. I can definitely see myself creating NPCs with it. Thanks for sharing!
frog
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metathiax wrote:
Your sheet appears to be very useful. I can definitely see myself creating NPCs with it. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you, you're welcome. If you have any question on how to use it, do not hesitate to ask.
BTW, I have already found some bugs in the sheet. I will correct them as soon as possible, probably by the end of the month. Until then, I plan to enter many of the Hall of NPCs as a functional test of the sheet.
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frog wrote:
Until then, I plan to enter many of the Hall of NPCs as a functional test of the sheet.

No promises that they are error proof! Smile

Frog, this builder is awesome. Would you want us to put it up on the resources page? -With attribution of course.
frog
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No promises that they are error proof!

Neither is my sheet, I presume Rolling Eyes I will report here all the discrepancies I find, if that can help.

Quote:
Frog, this builder is awesome. Would you want us to put it up on the resources page? -With attribution of course.

Thank you Very Happy Actually, I have already found some errors, which I would like to correct before you put it on the resources pages, if you don't mind. Otherwise, you may of course put it there.
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Just let me know when your ready.
frog
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimmySwill wrote:
Awesome. Just let me know when your ready.

Hi, after a bunch of coding hours this week-end, I've just uploaded a new version here, correcting few bugs and adding some new features (daily spells, equipment, help sheet, magic simplification).
I think this version is mature enough to be put on the resources pages.

As promised, I ran some of the NPC's through the sheet. That helped me to track out several bugs and improve the sheet in some ways. On the other hand, here are the discrepancies I found between my computations and the data displayed in the NPC's sheets, if anyone minds :
Ahim should have a +1 Mental Resistance Modifier
Young Amanda seems to have 4 proficiency points overspent (may be Magic Acuity should be grade I and not II), and should have 12 Health points instead of 9.
Burton has "Extra Health Points (3)" instead of (1), and has 1 proficiency point left.
Cley Odik : I have 2 unspent discipline points, 22 Health Points instead of 24.
Mara Wosso seems to have overspent 5 discipline points
Orson needs Extra Health Points (2) to have 19 Health Points (and even with that, it seems to have 4 unspent discipline and proficiency points).

If anyone disagrees with the above remarks, please take some time to explain me why the figures are correct, as this means that the spreadsheet is wrong somewhere. Thanks you.

Cheers
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frog,

This is just awesome. I'll put it up on the resources page asap! I'll also make those corrections. I will believe your generator over my calculations.

Currently I am prepping for an overhaul to the site. Since the revised version is coming out shortly, I want to make it clear which is the original Wayfarers material, and which is the new.
Tywyll
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this sheet. I found a few problems with it though. Mainly the proficiency amount of points doesn't seem to come out right past level 1.

Any possibility that the optional stuff and the stuff from the Wayfarer publications might get added?
frog
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Few problems ? Reply with quote

Tywyll wrote:
I like this sheet. I found a few problems with it though. Mainly the proficiency amount of points doesn't seem to come out right past level 1.

Yuk ! You are right. You may fix this by replacing the formula in cell K14 of the Data sheet by the following one :
Code:
=20+SI(Skill_Level<2;0;SI(Skill_Level<9;CHOISIR(Skill_Level-1;8;15;21;26;30;33;35);36))

Note that it depends on the language you are using, actually. If your locale is US/GB, I suppose you must use that one :
Code:
=20+IF(Skill_Level<2;0;IF(Skill_Level<9;CHOOSE(Skill_Level-1;8;15;21;26;30;33;35);36))

Tywyll wrote:
Any possibility that the optional stuff and the stuff from the Wayfarer publications might get added?

Yes, I should find some time to do that, at least for the main book. I'm not sure I have what you mean by "Wayfarer publications"…

Thank you for your feedback !

F.
Papyrolf
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

As a fellow Wayfarer (future) DM from France, I would be more than interested in your OpenOffice Character Sheet File ...

Thanks in advance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Wayfarers Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: