Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

Updates on the Wayfarers revision.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Wayfarers RPG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomwarden wrote:
Rather as if 1st/2nd Edition AD&D and D20 were in a horrible transporter accident only something wonderful came out instead Smile

Who told you?
Dartavian
Strategoi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like one of my first post. Welcome aboard!

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
- Albert Einstein
Doomwarden
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimmySwill wrote:
Doomwarden wrote:
Rather as if 1st/2nd Edition AD&D and D20 were in a horrible transporter accident only something wonderful came out instead Smile

Who told you?

Nobody I just rolled really well on Perception/Good Games Wink
Doomwarden
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dartavian wrote:
Sounds like one of my first post. Welcome aboard!

Thanks!
Metathiax
Demiurge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomwarden wrote:
Very nice, I look forward to hearing ALL about it, as I really think this game will scratch that 'old-school' itch but still have a 'modern' balanced design.

Doomwarden, that's an awesome and accurate way to describe it. I think you will be pleased with the game.

Welcome aboard!
Metathiax
Demiurge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimmySwill wrote:
The page count for the rulebook is 365. Twylos is about 135 (I'm just finishing up revisions).

What can we expect about the revised World of Twylos?

JimmySwill wrote:
We could have gone with a 500 page book, but chose not to for a couple of reasons, size was one. Personally, I've always wanted to see WoT as a stand-alone text. Time will tell if we made the right decision there.

To be honest, I kinda liked the one-book-to-rule-them-all approach but using 2 or 3 core books is familiar territory to say the least.

JimmySwill wrote:
I wouldn't blame anyone from taking the view that we did it to increase revenue, but to be perfectly honest, neither Greg and I have visions (delusions) of riches.

It's just fair that you guys should be getting some revenue for your work.

By the way, how's Greg? He's been awfully silent on these boards lately.

Also, do you (or Mongoose) have any plans of releasing PDFs of the revised books?
Doomwarden
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Very interested in updated PDFs also Reply with quote

Hopefully a Print/PDF deal is in the works as I'm very interested in buying both. I personally find gamebooks (especially 300+ page ones) easier to deal with on my PC/Laptop than in hand. Partly it's the convenience factor-simpler to leave the Hard-copy wherever we're going to game and have the PDF to read/brush up on the rules at home/wherever. Smile

Also looked at the new cover at the Mongoose site---freakin' gorgeous!
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metathiax wrote:

Greg has added and flushed out Twylos: The Fourth Era. There is also a special appendix from the Lodge of the Bronze Knight.

Metathiax wrote:
To be honest, I kinda liked the one-book-to-rule-them-all approach but using 2 or 3 core books is familiar territory to say the least.

I can understand that. One thing I can promise, is that there will be no splatbooks. I will update and revise Characters and TANC. However, everything from here on out will be restricted to WGJ releases.

Metathiax wrote:

Meh. I appreciate the thought, but it's not about that. IMHO, some like E. G. Gygax deserved to live off of what they initiated, but that's never been an expectation or goal I've had. It's all about the love for gaming. Of course, distributors need to be viable, that is important, but other than that, I'd be sad if what made me happy about this was money. Smile

Metathiax wrote:

He is buried up to his ears in his day job. He will resurface. But I'll let him know he is missed. Smile

Metathiax wrote:
Also, do you (or Mongoose) have any plans of releasing PDFs of the revised books?

Absolutely. The PDF is up to us. They will be reasonably priced, like the current one. Smile
Doomwarden
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Great, but one question... Reply with quote

JimmySwill wrote:
Metathiax wrote:

Greg has added and flushed out Twylos: The Fourth Era. There is also a special appendix from the Lodge of the Bronze Knight.

Metathiax wrote:

I can understand that. One thing I can promise, is that there will be no splatbooks. I will update and revise Characters and TANC. However, everything from here on out will be restricted to WGJ releases.

Metathiax wrote:

Meh. I appreciate the thought, but it's not about that. IMHO, some like E. G. Gygax deserved to live off of what they initiated, but that's never been an expectation or goal I've had. It's all about the love for gaming. Of course, distributors need to be viable, that is important, but other than that, I'd be sad if what made me happy about this was money. Smile

Metathiax wrote:

He is buried up to his ears in his day job. He will resurface. But I'll let him know he is missed. Smile

Metathiax wrote:

Absolutely. The PDF is up to us. They will be reasonably priced, like the current one. Smile

First let me say outstanding both on the PDF (HUZZAH) front and the 'No Splatbooks' policy, the Splatbook-A-Month philosophy helped turn me against more than one gameline/company (I'm looking at YOU White Wolf). .

I am wondering though if the 'core mechanic' will be altered in the revision. Mainly I ask this because if it's not I think I'll go ahead and get the PDF version of the game as it is now just so I can get up to speed on the main rules and be (almost) ready to jump into the game when the revised version is delivered.

I am SO looking forward to this

Very Happy
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Great, but one question... Reply with quote

Doomwarden wrote:
I am wondering though if the 'core mechanic' will be altered in the revision. Mainly I ask this because if it's not I think I'll go ahead and get the PDF version of the game as it is now just so I can get up to speed on the main rules and be (almost) ready to jump into the game when the revised version is delivered.

I am SO looking forward to this

Very Happy

Yeah the core mechanic remains the same. Not sure if I am too late, but check your messages.
Doomwarden
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Not too late... Reply with quote

...and many thanks this was both a classy and smart move as you've won me over completely, no other gaming company or line that I've ever dealt with have been so courteous, helpful or generous Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hi.

Ya, been busy. Day job became the day/night/weekend job.

Glad people seem happy with the re-issue, Mongoose Publishing thing. There's some new weirdness for Twylos. Maybe not everyone is going to, uh, really enjoy it, but Twylos was always supposed to be appendix material for a reason.

Anyway, I'd love to be more present here- or present at all really- but even getting the Twylos book out was a challenge. Carry on everyone, great job all around.

NOT DEAD YET
Dartavian
Strategoi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy,

I need a couple of rule clarifications.

Are the bonus ďto hitĒ modifiers on a +1/+1 sword applicable as a bonus to disciplines like Parry, Feint or Guard etc. ?

This question has no merit if I were currently GMing, but since REX is currently running, it needs to be clarified! Twisted Evil

Which is the overriding factor in the new revision Skill Points Earned or Skill Level Achieved? As the player I would argue reading Table 2.1.6 Skill Points from left to right as is the norm, I would say Skill Points Earned. As the GM I would say (as Rex has ruled) Skill Level Achieved loser so deal with it!

P.S. Love the art work and the updates. I canít wait to see what Greg has done with the World of Twylos. I will request since it is rumored that he is pushing Twylos into the 4th age he bequeaths Gaius a few potions of Longevity so he can experience it also. Wink

Thanks!

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
- Albert Einstein
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dartavian wrote:
Jimmy,

I need a couple of rule clarifications.

Are the bonus ďto hitĒ modifiers on a +1/+1 sword applicable as a bonus to disciplines like Parry, Feint or Guard etc. ?

This question has no merit if I were currently GMing, but since REX is currently running, it needs to be clarified! Twisted Evil

No problem. That's actually interesting. I've never thought to do it. I'd say no, because I rule on the side of harsh, but if Rex is the GM... well.

No. Razz

Dartavian wrote:
Which is the overriding factor in the new revision Skill Points Earned or Skill Level Achieved? As the player I would argue reading Table 2.1.6 Skill Points from left to right as is the norm, I would say Skill Points Earned. As the GM I would say (as Rex has ruled) Skill Level Achieved loser so deal with it!

Just so I follow, the question is whether or not earning the points, or the skill level results in getting to spend the disc/prof points, and get new health points? Well, whatever the player dislikes the most, of course! Just kidding. But actually, it is. If you earn the skill points, you can then achieve a new level, and when you achieve a new level, then you can start spending.

Did I answer the right question?

Dartavian wrote:
P.S. Love the art work and the updates. I canít wait to see what Greg has done with the World of Twylos. I will request since it is rumored that he is pushing Twylos into the 4th age he bequeaths Gaius a few potions of Longevity so he can experience it also. Wink

Thanks!

Thanks I am actually happy with it too. Thanks for being part of the equation!
Dartavian
Strategoi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="JimmySwill"]
Dartavian wrote:
Jimmy,

Did I answer the right question?

Not exactly;

Gaius for example, before the revision earned 201 Skill Points which in the original edition made him 10th level. After the revision 201 Skill Points earned would put him at 20th level as stated on Table 2.1.6 Skill Points from left to right as is the norm. As a player I believe that he earned the points and rightfully so has attained level 20 and Rex can go suck an egg. However, the evil GM that Rex can be has ruled he is 10th level and STOLE 100 points leaving him with a total of 101 skill points to make him 10th level at that time of the revision.

I tried negotiating the reduction of points but he has become quite stubborn since approaching AARP age qualification. I will admit I would agree with his ruling if I were currently GMing, but I might make an exception for Gaius, because he earned his points unlike everyone else who got theirs mainly because of Gaiusís greatness.

I must insist that you strike from the record any future references to current events that Rasfrasen has to say about recent events. His account will likely be skewed. All I can say is Gaiusís plan came together just exactly how he intended it.

- Albert Einstein
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Wayfarers RPG All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: