Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

Errata for Wayfarers Revised (Mongoose)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Wayfarers RPG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gold Leader, standing by.
Metathiax
Demiurge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, here's a major update of my unofficial errata file. I think we are done with the Player's (thanks to YeUldSkoolGmr) and Game Master's Reference Books unless YUSG or someone else has some more issues to report.

I've been as nitpicky as can be but, for my sanity's sake, I've left out minor issues such as possibly missing commas (often disputable anyway), the alphabetical order in some table lists (which would sometimes serve little purpose or cause more harm than good), and capitalization of some words within sentences (such as "grade" and "circle" when referring to proficiencies, disciplines, or spells) except when their absence was glaring. Such instances are very numerous, have little impact on the enjoyment of the books other than presentation homogeneity, and reporting them would only have diluted an already long list. Since these issues are not formally considered to be errata but rather editing, I have attributed them to the author's writing style and moved on. Also, I apologize in advance if I'm wrong on some of the items listed. English is not my first language after all... Wink

Now on to the World of Twylos which shouldn't take as much time.

By the way, is the World of Twylos pdf scheduled to come out soon on RPGnow?
Metathiax
Demiurge

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated my unofficial errata file to reflect Jimmy's complete revision of the PDFs, as well as a few new additions, and the correction of some errors of mine.

I'll now finish tackling the World of Twylos which just came out in PDF.
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just handed over the revised PDFs to Mongoose. They should be sending out updated copies to everyone that bought one.

If I sent you a PDF personally, let me know, and I'll get you the updated version.
Metathiax
Demiurge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A year later (time flies!), I have finally managed to give the same errata-combing treatment to the World of Twylos campaign book. Better late than never... Wink

During the past year, I have also collected a handful of new errata items for the Player's and GM's books.

Here is my updated unofficial errata file.

I am now retiring from the errata-hunting business but, if necessary, I will still continue to update the file with the occasional fortuitous finds made by myself or others.

Best wishes for 2014!

MX
Chaoswarrior
Strategoi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Its good to see something aside from spamming robots posting stuff here.
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again, Meta!

I will add these to the PDFs, and push out the revised versions.

I do have to update out counterspam measures. Why are they always about kitchens in the UK?
Metathiax
Demiurge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great for the PDFs! Let me know if you would prefer to get the errata in another more convenient format.

Speaking of which, I've received notice from RPGnow that the files for the original version of the rulebook and Trouble at Nivens Creek have been updated. Is something up with that?
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite some time ago they were.

Check it out, as TaNC was expanded. But that was the revised version.

I can send you both if you can't get the updates.
Chaoswarrior
Strategoi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have physical copies of the player's book, gm book, and guide to twylos. If I order the pdfs through rpgnow, do they contain the latest errata?

I just ended my two year long pathfinder game and am starting wayfarers next month, but I don't want to spend that month correcting hard copies.
Chaoswarrior
Strategoi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have physical copies of the player's book, gm book, and guide to twylos. If I order the pdfs through rpgnow, do they contain the latest errata?

I just ended my two year long pathfinder game and am starting wayfarers next month, but I don't want to spend that month correcting hard copies.
Metathiax
Demiurge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaoswarrior wrote:

In the file linked above, you will find the current (until Jimmy gets to update them) errata for all three books under their respective PDF headings.

The Player's and GM's books only have a handful of minor ones left. I've just recently finished revising the WoT book. It currently has more but it looks worse than it really is. Most are only typos which have very little bearing on the game itself (the entries in italics). I've been annoyingly nitpicky... Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Wayfarers RPG All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: