Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

Descent into Depths IV: No Hope
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Descent into Depths!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moth
Heuristician

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dutchie, you're a couple points short of putting her down by round 4, but somebody else is going to do at least a few points of damage to her by then, so yeah, you knock her out good, bandage her up, and stuff her under the desk like a true and honest gentleman.

(In rounds 3 and 4, she punches you for 18 and 11, and 3 and 12, doing a total of 7 and 7 and 3 damage before armor)

Sister Loanne has on her person 38 sc, prayer beads, a ring with 3 keys, and a couple of potions- Magic Acuity tells you these are potions of Invisbility and Extra-Planar protection.

There is a clipboard behind the desk, and on it is a chart with various names and numbers. Here are a few of them:

BROTHER ODD X3Y8 25 SY
BROTHER IIVIANS X2Y6 99 SY
SISTER JENNIFER A3B6 75 SY

The other names lack titles and have only first initials.

There is also a copy of the cult's holy book The Anticipations of Gayla.

Then it's into the skullitorium with G. Vrill.

Looks like you guys have found a catacombs. Metal lockers containing roll out shelves with body bags cover two on either side. There are 8 by 8 lockers on both walls. There's a door on the far side of the room.
Nitch
Strategoi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the blanket over my head, I run in circles shouting HAY WHO TURNED OFF THE LIGHTS!? WHOA WHOA WHOA!!

No. Actually, I kick Dutch in the nuts. 2.

Well, I tried to.

I pull open a lower drawer and open a body bag.
Brogg
Strategoi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I totally pocket that Invisibility Potion. BTW, Who's Magic Acuity is rockin so hard?

Oh, and the 3 keys too.

Here, have that other plainer stuff, Greg.

I doubt that cup we need is in here Nitch. It doesn't look like a place people do much drinking. And watch the nuts, brother. Nuts are off-limits.

I grab that book and look if it has an index. Is Obsidian Cup in there?

Otherwise, I move on with my crew.
Salmonid
Demiurge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dutch's cardigan absorbs 6 damage, and he Heals himself for 1 HP afterward. @17/27 when that's all done.

Spin-move to dodge that nut-kick. Dutch tries to make nice with a pat on the head. "Ah'm sorrah, missa Nitch! Refllexin', ya knae, jes' reflexin'. We two ba' on th' level?"

In the catacombs. Hmm. Do the lockers have any nameplates or anything with information resembling what we saw on that clipboard?

Dutch takes a peek through the "eye" door back in the lobby.
Nitch
Strategoi

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dry hump Vrill's leg.
Moth
Heuristician

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I don't post for a few days, terrible things happen. I need to keep this in mind.

Nitch, you try and kick Dutch in the nuts, but considering relative height you probably kick in him the shins or something. For you, that's like a normal guy saying "I kick him in the face." As a GM, I have to ask the hard hitting questions, like "are you Bruce Lee?" and when the answer is inevitably no, I have to go with the Monarda Law. You can't kick that high, but you can still try to kick him.

You pull out a drawer and open a random body bag. Let's, looks like a *rolls*, *rolls*, white male, middle age, cold, clammy, dead. No obvious marks, no clothes, no possessions, even clothes.

Brogg, potion and keys taken. Greg is the one IDing the potions, he's got Magic Acuity II.

You leaf through the Anticipations of Gayla. Nope, no index. But if you do enough searching you come across this gem here:

And the lady drank life from the cup of black stone*
An elixir which contained all the balm of bile of the universe
And when she had drained the cup to its dregs Zhol asked
"So, how was it?" And the lady answered
"A bitter taste. It weighs upon my soul."

Lamentations 17:48

*Translator's Note: Presumably jet or obsidian. Various sects of Gaylans are noted to use these or even ebony in their ceremonies, and occasionally a vessel made of all these materials. The vessel is used to hold the poison which the Gaylans consume in order to induce their century-long death during which they believe themselves to commune with their goddess in the underworld.

Dutch, you go back through the lobby and check out the door with the Eye on it.

Seems like you found the cult's library. There are a couple of long tables with lecterns for reading, and rows and rows of shelves. Looks like there are only a few sections here: HISTORY, PHILOSOPHY, LITERATURE and SCIENCE.

Beyond the library you find another small room containing black robes, and doors marked SANCTUARY, QUARTERS, and FELLOWSHIP CHAMBER. SANCTUARY is locked.
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're damn straight it's GREG VRILL ID'ing the potions. (Potion and $$ taken.)

Okay, this has got to stop. I cast Friends on Nitch, squat down, and say "QUIT IT. Or I will Force Bolt you into unconsciousness, seriously, and ship your PvP ass back to the third DiD campaign or wherever you were the Ice-Cream Man."

"Brogg, hey try your keys in that door. SANCTUARY is probably where I'd keep a cup."

I wipe off my leg and read about some SCIENCE. If Brogg can't get through the door, then I get an idea and head to the HISTORY section, and scan for books related to where these crazy cultists might have left their cup.

Uh, I try to do this a little quickly, realizing we're in the dungeon and not the local friendly public library on puppet show day.
Nitch
Strategoi

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, come of it Greg. The way you dress, you were asking for it.
Brogg
Strategoi

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so Greymar...

WTF LITTLE MAN?!

Look I am carding you buddy. You just got CARDED, you hear? Wayfarers is a FAMILY GAME. Do you understand? We loot and murder, but we do not SEXUALLY HARASS.

Look little man, it seems like you want to PK ol' Greg here. Fine, fine. I've seen it all before. But if you want to PK him, don't go about disrespecting him. Wait until he pays for the pizza, or goes to get the Cool Ranch. Then tell Moth straight up "I am gonna kill Greg, for real." Just be like "When shit comes down, and I say I kill Greg, I mean it, OK? No kidding. I'm rolling those dice."

Moth will probably be kind of uncomfortable, but he'll probably say something like "OK, it's your call, Nitch." and that will be that. Then, when the time comes, you go with your bad self.

But we will NOT HAVE SEXUAL HARASSMENT UP IN HERE.

Cool?

Ok.

Ok, so Greymarie has Lock-picking. I kind of move her in front of the Sanctuary door and give her a little wiggle.
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I NEED AN ADULT.

Nitch, roll that saving throw or whatever they call it in Wayfarers.
greyfaced
Heuristician

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lock pick is a 14
Salmonid
Demiurge

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vrill's got the library down, Grey's got the door, and Brogg's got Nitch, so Dutch will just hang out for a bit. He takes the black robes. Not one robe - all the robes. Another shipment for Oblige, coming up.

"Lad Brogg, cannah see tha' book'n ya 'ave?" Reading might not be Dutch's strong suit, but if the Anticipations of Gayla's got Zhol in it, then it must be good! He'll spend a few weeks searching through it for radical Zhol fight scenes.
Moth
Heuristician

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vrill, you friend Nitch the Gnome. I guess he doesn't save vs. your magic, so you're buddies now.

Then you check out some SCIENCE! Man, this section is pretty boring. A few titles catch your eyes though:

Herb Lore by Herbert Lorring- A book about all the wonderful magic plants of Twylos.
The Sad Planet by Benedict Ashlyme- A book about the moon, written by a mage who purports to have visited it.
The Mirrored Man by Geof Cairns and Geof Cairns- A speculative work on the subject of human cloning. It explores magical and non-magical methods and their drawbacks, and has an appendix on ethics.
Steam and Steel: Our Changing World and the Place of Machines in the New Twylos by Henry Skullbright- The founder of the Machinists' Guilds' seminal work on his vision for a new Twylos.

Brogg complains about sexual harassment then gives Greymarie "a little wiggle." In the same post. But it gets the job done, as she opens the door!

Dutch, robes grabbed. It'll take you while to make your way through The Anticipations of Gayla, but in the mean time you give it a quick scan. Doesn't look like there are many "fight scenes" per se, but there are plenty of parts with Zhol blasting sinners for not doing as he says. Sometimes whole nations of 'em. You're in for some sweet reading.

Into the Sanctuary. It's an underground Gothic cathedral, and it kind of reminds some of you of the Tomb of Morgannon. There are jawless skulls hanging on hooks from the ceiling, many rows of dusty pews, carvings of grim, gaunt saints in the throes of death, and a pipe organ made entirely of human bones. At the head of the room is a black altar, and upon it lies a dead woman in black robes holding the Obsidian Cup over her chest. She's been dead for a while, and she's quite dessicated.

As you all approach the altar, something stirs! A slight bulge appears in the woman's robes, and you watch in horror and something small pokes out from her ribs and brushes through her robes. It looks like a tiny skeleton with butterfly wings, and it has a tiny trident. It's wearing a fancy little doublet and breeches, and has pointy little shoes that curl at the toes. It buzzes upward, alights on the rim of the cup, and regards you for a moment. Then it speaks in a raspy, squeaky voice:

"Wretched thieves! Leave this fairly sacred place at once! Should you try to wrest the cup of wisdom from us, you will pay with your tears!"
Brogg
Strategoi

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure no problem, Dutch, you can hold that book.

Cute Little Skeleton wrote:
"Wretched thieves! Leave this fairly sacred place at once! Should you try to wrest the cup of wisdom from us, you will pay with your tears!"

LOL! Oh shit that is so cute!

BOOOOOM! a 13 with my Hand Cannon. 10 points if I get the duck skeleton.
Nitch
Strategoi

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gregory, I am sorry about that dry hump. Brogg is right. I really shouldn't have tried to knock you down, even if I feel that I am not getting the respect I deserve. That just creates an unhealthy situation.

I suppose I had better start by respecting myself, -like Whitney Houston says about the greatest love of all.

Is there something I can do for you, friend?

How long does this shit last?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Descent into Depths! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 39 of 42

Jump to: