Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

Descent into Depths IV: No Hope
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Descent into Depths!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salmonid
Demiurge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, 'zing indeed. Dutch walks out of Oblige finely dudded and a little bit richer. Time to hit that crystal bar 'till Thenzor.

--

Hmm. Dutch isn't so good with this whole paperwork thing. He'll try to help out in drumming up some references - Contacts: 6 - but then it's off to the tap room to let more sober minds deal with this stuff. Dutch is in a sightseeing mood, so he'll get a few liters to go and then wander around until dinnertime. He'll check in at some point to see how it's going, and if Vrill goes to make Friends of the guards, Dutch will go along too.
greyfaced
Heuristician

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello my fellow Knights.

My name is Greymarie, you can call me Grey.

Here is my mark, I can't really state my business, because I'm not sure what it is exactly.

16 persuasion

All this fighting going on is crazy. I've been working in the Gyre area, and just working some leads that led me to the Deep. Nothing I could really go into; don't wanna make people start talking without proof you know? Powerful people don't like gossip, you know what I'm saying? They want proof.

You guys doing alright? I mean, is there anything we should know about, and maybe take care of? You know, if we get a sec while we're in the Deep?

Anywho, Jeesh you guys are busy.

Maybe when you get a break I could buy you a drink? Tell you what I saw in this one battle with a crazy lady with a shaved head; where I got this sword here.

Where is a good place to stay in the Deep that is low profile but nice?

Persuasion or whatever again if need be is a 21.
Brogg
Strategoi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I am leveled up, I've got a grade of Pilot, Multiple Attacks I, and I am ready to roll. Airships are awesome. If Sancho has some steampunk goggles, I steal them as we leave.

I'm going to try Marie's purple prose thing.

Dude, thanks Sancho. That was too cool for school.

I'll drink with Greg and discuss business.

Gregory, I don't know anyone around here. It doesn't seem like Grito is nearby either. Maybe we should get jobs as miners or something. Isn't that the way this usually works?

Or, I've got an idea. We can put you in handcuffs, but they won't be locked. then we'll say that we have a prisoner transfer to level... let me check my notes... GIDEON DUNKELWALD yeah, to the Dunkenwald Estate. We have a prisoner transfer to the Dunkelwald Estate. Then, when we get there, you break out of the handcuffs and start Magic Miss, er Forcebolting everything and we'll grab Gideon in the chaos.

How about it?

Yeah, I'll hang with Greg.
Nitch
Strategoi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought Contacts Thenzor Deep.

Contacts: 20. No kidding.

I want to find where Gideon Dunkelwald might be, and whether or not we need passes to get there.

I also want to buy some poison.
greyfaced
Heuristician

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who is that poison for?
Nitch
Strategoi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad people.
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Huh. Clearly I'm the WORST candidate for a jail. Do you see this tuxedo?"

"Nitch should go. Brogg, you're 'buddies' with Nitch, why don't you talk him into it, and we'll enact this plan."
Brogg
Strategoi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, I am not touching that little guy.

Where'd our GM go BTW?

Hello? hello? hello?

Moth
Heuristician

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brogg my child, when you saw only one set of footprints in the sand, it's because I was watching Adventure Time on the YouTube instead of updating this game.

But anyway:

Vrill, that totally sweet tuxedo will run you 200 silver. It's white, and makes you resemble a certain southern colonel.

Marie, you talk to some fellow knights at their barracks.

You ask them how it's going:

“Guarding the upper works is lame. It's all paperwork and patrols. Boring stuff.”

You ask if there's anything you can do:

“Hey, sure, can you take this to Captain Fenrir on Level 5B? That'd be great. Watch out for zombies.”

You get a small package.

Nitch, you know just the guy here in Thenzor Village. Or rather, just the girl. Her name is Julia Osby, a fellow former Thainist priestess of Typhon.

“Hey Nitch! How's it going? Mhmm. Mhm. Wow. Okay. Yeah, I can totally hook you up. This guy you're talking about, Gideon Dunkelwald, he's House Maxinay by marriage, but they cast him out. His old house is on level 3, but word has it he's hiding on a lower level. He's also dying of some weird disease. Mind Flayers, huh? Oh Nitch, you're a wild one. Tell you what, you do a little favor for the church, and I'll find out where Dunkelwald is being held. I want you to go to level 9 and bring back the Obsidian Cup from the Cult of Gayla, alright? I'll get the paperwork for you. Show it to the Maxinay guards on level 3 to use the main Elevator.”
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you said each of those gems is '500 gold'. Do you really mean '500 silvers', cuz 500 gold == 50,000 silver == a lot of fucking great tuxedos if you know what I mean.

Anyway, grand. Our quest buffer is a little full now. "Obsidian chalice or whatever? Dude, that sounds like a high level quest. I'm sure our GM wouldn't assign it if we weren't ready for it and if there weren't some awesome treasure at the end. Those Cult of Gail losers are bound to have some spellbooks."

"Let's head to Level 3 and look around this Dunkelwand's house."
Nitch
Strategoi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take the paperwork from Julia.

Yes, let's go investigate Dunkelwald's house, then give this paperwork to the Maxinay guards.

But I still need some poison first.
Brogg
Strategoi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moth wrote:
Brogg my child, when you saw only one set of footprints in the sand, it's because I was watching Adventure Time on the YouTube instead of updating this game.

Cool, Adventure Time is totally forsaking material.

These sound like great plans, little man. High... er, Low... er, HEY gimme five! Yeah!

I don't need a suit or a new watch or anything. I've got a cloak with too many zippers and I am ready to roll.

Is Julie hot?

Dude, Greg, that's a smart fucking suit. I like that kind of lapel. It's not all "Hello chap! Have you seen my monacle?!" and it's not like your headed for the altar either. That's a "The lady will have a Tom Collins, and give me your best scotch on the rocks." kind of suit. Totally.

Although I can't say that this looks like the right place for it.

Once Nitch has his papers and stuff, we head to Dunkelwald's house.
Salmonid
Demiurge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dutch shows up and staggers aboard the party train to Dunkelwald's place.

"Ya'lo Marra, Brogga, Vrilla, Nitcha. S'fine da'."

"Ya Nitcha. Ya needin' yo' possen, wall, I'nna go' yer possen righ'on me. Here'n ya go."

Dutch hands Nitch a bottle of Thenzorouzo. "There'n possen go dawn hoot!" Dutch thinks this is very clever. "Haw haw. Les getta."
Moth
Heuristician

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Trouble at the Old Dunkelwald Place Reply with quote

Gregory Vrill wrote:
Hey, you said each of those gems is '500 gold'. Do you really mean '500 silvers', cuz 500 gold == 50,000 silver == a lot of fucking great tuxedos if you know what I mean.

D'oh. Yeah, I meant silvers. I was using the charts in the AD&D DMG.

Brogg wrote:
Is Julie hot?

Dawg, you know it. Diaphanous robes backlit by torches, the whole shebang. She's got mussed up black hair that looks like she doesn't care, but still looks really good. Trust me man, her stat block is like:

HD: 34DD
AC: -3 ('cuz you wish you could hit this!)
Alignment: Bisexual
Attacks: Claw/Claw/Bite
Psionic Ability: nil
Bonerific: 100%

Nitch wrote:
But I still need some poison first.

Whoops! Sorry little buddy, didn't see you there! That's contacts roll was great, so you also know a guy who knows a guy, and you can get ahold of the following poisons-

Greenapple Surprise- Caustic Poison, 50 sc per dose, Victim must make a Resistance check at 10 or lose 3 hit points.

Warrior's Bane- Metabolic Poison, 60 gc per dose, Victim must make a Resistance check at 15 or lose d4 Strength.

"The Chronic"- Neurotoxin, 100 gc per dose, Victim must make a Resistance check at 15 or suffer horrible, recurring hallucinations

Naptime- Sedative, 100 gc per dose, Victim must make a Resistance check at 15 or fall asleep for d6 rounds.

(The numbers above may or may not reflect the penalties incurred by adding poison to a weapon- buyer beware!)

You guys head to the Dunkelwald Estate. It's a creepy Victiorian townhouse, and it's underground to boot.

There's a living room, a kitchen, a dining room, and a bathroom with a charmingly anachronistic toilet.

Upstairs there are three rooms, each door marked with a golden plaque. They read:

GIDEON
MICHELLE
VINCENT

Gideon's door seems to be locked.
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I slap a gem down, get that white tux, another nice suit, and some better-than-yours traveling clothes, keep the change.

Pretty great. I wear the tuxedo.

Anyway, in the mansion, I check out the other two rooms. "Hey Nitch! You're a Thief, right? Pick Locks or something, you lil rascal."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Descent into Depths! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 35 of 42

Jump to: