Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

Descent into Depths IV: No Hope
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Descent into Depths!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moth
Heuristician

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brogg and Nitch and Greymarie stare off into the black blackness of oblivion, as does Smedley, but he's just going with the crowd.

Meanwhile, Dutch tries to munch on Mr. Egg. An 18 is a pretty good roll. You take a big chunk of him, to the tune of 9 damage.

The egg pulls out a handgun and fires it at Dutch, missing with a 3.

Mr. Hot Dog wiggles over to Brogg and smacks him with a 9, missing.

Flibgibbet takes your Force Bolts on the chin, Greg. A thin line of blood trickles from the corner of his mouth.

"You're gonna pay for that one, mage."

He bounces up to you and delivers a face punch, rolling a 12 and connecting.

"Kiss the rings, bitch" he says.

You do, to the tune of 5 damage. The taste is bitter despite the rings being made of candy.

Round 2

Dutch smashes into Mr. Egg, pulping him. Runny yolk gets on everything.

Vrill force bolts the king again, then gets punched for another 5.
Salmonid
Demiurge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think Vrill just got wrecked. Here Greg, have a healing potion. Dutch dumps it down his throat in Round 3.

Round 4 gets into some ol' gangster shit as Dutch picks up the handgun and blows away the Flibgibbeteer with a to-hit roll of 18, assuming it still has ammo. If it just goes click-click, then hammer it is: 15, for 6 damage.
greyfaced
Heuristician

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Jesus Nitch what's with you?"

I guess I'll attack Egg. The gnome and Greg seem to have issues they need to work out.

Magicky Sword Attack!

A 2!

Round the next.

19 to hit for 7 points of HATE and 3 points of fire.

@Gnome King, "Look, you know someone is gonna come down here and roll you, right? I mean, do you work for someone, of do you have anything to buy off this insane and evil mage? This is Gregory Vrill, do you have any idea of the shitstorm you are in for? Dude is pure evil. I was just crusin around down here and everybody got all fighty. You seem like a dick too."

Round another one.

Sword of Hate attack on GK.

Seriously.

Crit fumble.
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa whoa whoa.

Did we rest up since... uh... I dunno, since I was at 4 hp instead of full hp? Everyone else at full coming into this?

If not, that first attack floors me, and the second Force Bolt doesn't happen (yet).

If so, great. Thanks Dutch! I'm healed for 9 back up almost to full. Then in round 3 I flee from melee, and round 4 I shoot him up with my crossbow...

3 to hit, never you mind.
Moth
Heuristician

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This ain't 4th edition, you don't spontaneously heal every now and again just because you are a Mighty Hero. Greg, you get smashed, then healed, then get out of melee. Twang.

Marie, the egg already got scrambled. Fortunately, this isn't Final Fantasy 1, so I'll redirect your attacks to Mr. Hot Dog. He takes it pretty hard, but he's still flopping.

He'll try to hit you back in Round 2 rolling an 11 and smacking you for 3 damage (after armor.)

Round 3 Hot Dog misses you with a 3. Bring the HATE, and don't forget the mustard!

You also whiff pretty hard on the King, so he goes upside your head to the tune of 3 damage.

Round 4

Dutch, turns out that peacemaker still has bullets left. How many, you don't know, but your do bust a cap in Flibgibbet for a hefty 10 damage. Nice.

Naturally, this draws the monarch's ire. He invites you to kiss the rings, rolling 10 and 11, hitting for 4 and 9 damage. Ouch!

Will Brogg and Nitch awaken from their Torpor in time to save their companions from certain carmelization?
Salmonid
Demiurge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blurgh! Dutch absorbs 3 damage off those punches, but he's knocked down to 7 hp anyway. Caramelization, no! A delicious fate worse than death!

Round 5, "HEAD UP VRILLA!" Dutch throws the gun to Vrill. Bonk. Then it's back to Flibgibbet with a maulance - 10, for 4 damage.

"DINNA WANNAN BAE CRON!" says Dutch. Round 6, double attack! The maul sings with a 21 (4 damage), followed by a fumble. Dang, missed a note.
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't not use this thing now. Point and shoot, right?

Click. Here's a d20 for Dutch's gun: 18!
greyfaced
Heuristician

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4th Round

Attack on Flabbyglibet

Miss

5th Round

Miss

Impressive. That felt more like rolling a d4.
Brogg
Strategoi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOOM!

I unload the Hand Cannon on Flibbergibber: 6.

Shit.

I'm back, guys.

Next round I bring some broadsword action on the King: 8.

WTF.
Nitch
Strategoi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I attack the Burgertime Hotdog, with my hammer: 14.

4 points of damage on the Burgertime Hotdog.

"I still hate all of you."
Moth
Heuristician

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, Brogg & Nitch!

Round 5

Dutch, damage dealt to Flibgibbet.

Greymarie & Brogg, whiff. Believe in yourself!

Vrill, you cap Flibgibbet. 7 damage.

Nitch, you bring your tiny hammer down on Mr. Hotdog. That's a splatterin'. Mr. Hot Dog is no more.

Flibgibbet unleashes his fury on Dutch once more- 15 and 16. Those are hits doing 1 and 4 damage, so Dutch is still up at 3 hp.

Round 6

Dutch, you hit and then fumble, but it doesn't matter because your last 4 damage splits Flibgibbet's head wide open!

From behind, you hear a tiny voice:

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

A gnome runs in kneels over the king's body.

"How could you guys? He was really cool. Without his might and magic, the RedCaps will surely destroy us! Oh, that I should live to see such dark times! And what did you come for? Gems? Take your fill, they are only rocks. They cannot buy back what has been lost this day! Oh, if only one could take his place..."

He goes on like this for quite a while.

In the meantime, you guys loot the throne room. You get:
10 Gemstones- 4 Large Gems, 2 Small Precious Stones, and 4 Very Small Semi-Precious Stones.
The Wand of Breakfast- You too can summon tasty friends at will. 2d10 charges left, dawg.
The King's Rings- 10 of 'em. All the flavors of the rainbow.

Everyone gains a level.

Do whatever else you guys want in the mines, guys, then it's off to Thenzor to get some brains.
Salmonid
Demiurge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weapon Mastery II and a Health Point GOT, plus Disguise and Engineering too. How much is Search? I'll take a guess and say it's 3 points. If it's not I'll drop Engineering to get it.

Oh yeah, it's all about the gemjamins, gnomefriend. But Dutch is nothing if not charitable. Our business is done here, the king is vanquished, so here's a heal roll on Flibgibbet's split-up head: 10. Nothing can be done for his tasty friends, so Dutch eats them.

Then it's on to looting. Dutch gets one of each gemstone and a ring, the latter of which he puts on. Fandango.

Heals all around:

Dutch - 12 (1 hp back)
Vrill - 14 (2 hp back)
Marie - 2, nope

Back to the mines. Dutch spends some time going through all the massacred gnome bodies in search of candy and gems and garlgold. Have some Search rolls: 9, 10, 11, 12. Huh. He'll patch up any that are still breathing.

After that, it might be a good idea to hit those Mushroom Beds, but Dutch is of the mind that it's probably time to bounce. Let's go catch us an airship, lady and gents.
greyfaced
Heuristician

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Nitch, "Looks like they are looking for a gnome king and such. They are probably looking for a hero such as yourself Nitch, how about you hang out with them and see what you can do? I mean you seems to be kinda pissy right now and all. What's wrong buddy?"
greyfaced
Heuristician

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Vrill, "You know, a smart person would go see the Red Cap King and see how much money they could get paid to kill the Mint Mint King. You know, with him being dead and all now."

I don't loot anything, except for maybe some liqueur.
greyfaced
Heuristician

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Kneeling Gnome, "You know maybe you could go see the RedCap King and offer to betray this now dead king. I mean kings are lame, so you could use the gold to start a militia, and then lead the RedCap King into a trap. With both Kings dead your people could be free. You know, like that.... You're welcome. Man, Aquaeyre is a crazy guy making me see this shit. Good luck my fellow."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Descent into Depths! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 33 of 42

Jump to: