Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

Swill runs a public game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Swill runs a public game. Reply with quote

Yep.

I don't anticipate that there are many of you folk in the greater Detroit area, but I'll be running a game in a couple of weeks at Get Your Game On in my fair city of Ann Arbor. Morgannon will be joining. The tentative date is Saturday, May 15th. I'll post details of the session after. Email me if you are around and interested.

Just picked this up for $6 while I was there:

Maybe the group will fight the very gods themselves. Smile
Ars Mysteriorum
Demiurge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. Totally wish I could play!
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hell yes. Unknown Gods I'd totally forgotten about until I saw that grinning demon cover art. I ate that stuff up as a kid.

And, good luck with the game, Swill. Boy GMing sure is tough, take it from ol' Greg Vrill. Players are a HANDFUL.
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ars Mysteriorum wrote:
Ugh. Totally wish I could play!

Same here, Ars M. It'd be great to meet you.
Gregory Vrill wrote:
Oh hell yes. Unknown Gods I'd totally forgotten about until I saw that grinning demon cover art. I ate that stuff up as a kid.

Yeah, looking through it, I don't know how much I can get from the Unknown Gods except for some names. But if I do have kids, maybe I'll let them discover it when the time is right.
Dartavian
Strategoi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to stay away from game stores or conventions of any sort, (my years of indentured servitude to the game & hobby industry are thankfully a distant memory) but I would definitely show up for that one. It would be something to meet you all in person.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
- Albert Einstein
Moth
Heuristician

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could be there!

What's in the pictured supplement?
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moth wrote:
Wish I could be there!

That would be awesome, Moth. Someday the DiD crew will break bread.

Quote:
What's in the pictured supplement?

I quote: "THIS 48 PAGE BOOKLET CONTAINS 83 GODS FOR USE IN YOUR OWN CAMPAIGNS AND SCENARIOS. UNKNOWN GODS IS APPROVED FOR USE WITH DUNGEONS & DRAGONStm." That's pretty much it. Kind of a light-weight Deities and Demigods. But this one features BANDORACK, GOD OF FELINE ANIMALS. -It's hit or miss. Smile
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if I recall, it doesn't quite reach the insane brilliance and seediness of RuneQuest- but Unknown Gods, like most Judges Guild stuff, has its moments.
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday was a wash. Morgannon and I went down to Get Your Game On and didn't find adventure. The clerk said people had expressed interest, but no one signed our flier.

They've sold a few books of Wayfarers, but I'm not sure how often people play RPGs at the store. Warhammer and Magic was going on.

Not wanting to waste the afternoon, Morgannon and I bought some fatpacks of the newest Magic Expansion. I forget the name, rise of the Jalfrazi for something. I have to say, the set is very good. We don't play consistently, but MTG is a good game these days. I wish I would have never quit and got rid of my collection after Ice Age. -It would fetch a pretty penny.

Anyway, Morgannon and I are determined to get a regular Wayfarers group rolling. Our group of 5 has an incredibly difficult time getting in the same place at the same time.

I guess a flier won't cut it. -I'm turning to nearbygamers.com.

Our quest for a group begins.
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SORRY BRAVE WARIOR

YOU LOOSE

PLEASE INSERT ANOTHER QUARTER TO QUEST AGAIN
Ars Mysteriorum
Demiurge

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimmySwill wrote:
Saturday was a wash. Morgannon and I went down to Get Your Game On and didn't find adventure. The clerk said people had expressed interest, but no one signed our flier.

They've sold a few books of Wayfarers, but I'm not sure how often people play RPGs at the store. Warhammer and Magic was going on.

Not wanting to waste the afternoon, Morgannon and I bought some fatpacks of the newest Magic Expansion. I forget the name, rise of the Jalfrazi for something. I have to say, the set is very good. We don't play consistently, but MTG is a good game these days. I wish I would have never quit and got rid of my collection after Ice Age. -It would fetch a pretty penny.

Anyway, Morgannon and I are determined to get a regular Wayfarers group rolling. Our group of 5 has an incredibly difficult time getting in the same place at the same time.

I guess a flier won't cut it. -I'm turning to nearbygamers.com.

Our quest for a group begins.

That breaks my heart man, it's the same story at the LGS over here. No more RPGs, all CCGs and Wargaming. I'd gladly leap into your group had I the chance!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: