Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

My name's Andrew and I'm a recovering min/maxer...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> YOGC Hello Thread
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew Scott
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: My name's Andrew and I'm a recovering min/maxer... Reply with quote

Hello all,

Lovely little forum you have here. Before answering your questions allow me to congratulate you for your work on the Wayfarers RPG. From what I've read it's a superb system, an obvious labour of love and ideal for the kind of fantasy gaming I enjoy. My initiation followed (what I suspect is) the usual progression - hearing the odd comment on other boards, reading reviews and downloading the introductory pdf before ordering in both electronic and paper formats. I'm impressed, and can't wait to get cracking with some actual play.

And now my answers!

Quote:
1: Hobbit or Gnome?

Gnome. Always. But only from the late 70s / early 80s. Tinkers and dead-eyed fey need not apply.

Quote:
2: What was the last good book you read?

The Shadow of the Torturer (Gene Wolf). I'd been meaning to get around to this for years, and am glad I finally did.

Quote:
3: What was the name of your favorite NPC or PC?

Arak Wolfsbane. He was my very first, created in 1981 when I was an excited nine-year-old immersed in Moldvay edition Basic D&D. Since then I've played more complex PCs with substantially greater accomplishments, but Arak will always claim my lasting affection. I half fancied he was married to Morgan Ironwolf, who I still carry a torch for today. It's something I try not to tell my girlfriend.

Anyway, that's me introduced. Thanks again for producing such an excellent game. I look forward to participating in your community over the coming weeks.

Regards,

A.
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Andrew. Been meaning to read Gene Wolf for years now.

And, hell yes Morgan Ironwolf!
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums, Andrew!

My first character was a monk, but I forgot his name. I remember running from a giant centipede that was breaking down doors behind us. Our GM had no MM, and used the monster index in the back of the 1e DMG. -I don't think it had sizes, and this centipede was 6' long, as opposed to the 1' in the 1e MM.

You'll notice the Wayfarers Giant Centipede is 6' long. It's an ode to my first adventure.

Cheers.
Andrew Scott
Ecclesia

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.

I'm left pondering the possible subtext of Morgan Ironwolf fighting a 6' centipede. Probably best not to go there... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> YOGC Hello Thread All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: