Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

Quibbles and queries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Wayfarers RPG
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimLeCat
Strategoi

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Quibbles and queries Reply with quote

Hi,

These aren't really errata, or problems, just things that have bugged me a little.

Firstly, the discussion of armour impedance on P.33 doesn't mention adjusting due to strength or relevant disciplines, nor does it have a reference to P.14. I think it would be clearer if it had one or the other.

Secondly, the Advanced Counterattack discipline. This has Counterattack as a prerequisite. However, Counterattack says that it is to be disregarded if the optional critical hits and fumbles rules are not being used, because it amends those rules. Advanced Counterattack is not directly dependant on these rules, but as written cannot be taken without them. Would it be OK to allow a player to simply pay the joint cost of both disciplines to get Advanced Counterattck if the optional rules are not in use?

Thirdly, the Cantrip optional discipline. This has a flat cost, so it makes no difference whether the spell is first circle or eighth. This just doesn't feel right to me. Is there a reason it was written like this?

Finallly, the description of the glabrous antimony (P.165) refers to a '+6 modifier on the proficiency check(s) required to use this discipline', implying that there are such checks. However, the only proficiency check mentioned under conversational casting is the sleight of hand check if a material component is needed, otherwise, it is automatic.

Cheers,
Jim
JimmySwill
YOGC Staff

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Quibbles and queries Reply with quote

JimLeCat wrote:
Firstly, the discussion of armour impedance on P.33 doesn't mention adjusting due to strength or relevant disciplines, nor does it have a reference to P.14. I think it would be clearer if it had one or the other.

Good point. Added to errata.
Quote:

Secondly, the Advanced Counterattack discipline. This has Counterattack as a prerequisite. However, Counterattack says that it is to be disregarded if the optional critical hits and fumbles rules are not being used, because it amends those rules. Advanced Counterattack is not directly dependant on these rules, but as written cannot be taken without them. Would it be OK to allow a player to simply pay the joint cost of both disciplines to get Advanced Counterattck if the optional rules are not in use?

Interesting point. I'd allow it. I'm going to add that to the Advance Counterattack errata.

Quote:
Thirdly, the Cantrip optional discipline. This has a flat cost, so it makes no difference whether the spell is first circle or eighth. This just doesn't feel right to me. Is there a reason it was written like this?

That's Greg's crazy skill. Smile I actually agree, Jim. Personally, I'd like to see it as '8 + 2 points per Circle'. But I'll let Greg weigh in if he likes.

Quote:
Finallly, the description of the glabrous antimony (P.165) refers to a '+6 modifier on the proficiency check(s) required to use this discipline', implying that there are such checks. However, the only proficiency check mentioned under conversational casting is the sleight of hand check if a material component is needed, otherwise, it is automatic.

Both Greg Again. Smile I think the original intention was that any gestured or material component required an individual Sleight-of-hand check. So if the spell was V,G,M, it would require 2 checks for Sleight of hand. But you are right about how it reads. It's actually an issue with Conversational Casting, not the Glabrous Antimony. -I'll add to errata.

Thanks!
JimLeCat
Strategoi

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Hmm... that's kind of what I was thinking for Cantrip! Razz

And that makes a lot of sense vis-a-vis the Conversational Casting...

Cheers,
Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Wayfarers RPG All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: