Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index Ye Olde Gaming Companye
Community Forum
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Ye Olde Chat
YOGC Forum RSS
YOGC News on Twitter YOGC News at Gokode

Descent Into Depths 3, or O1: Oops I Did It Again, Again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Descent into Depths!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
The Ref
Ecclesia


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellow card, Tanner Black.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harold Riley
Demiurge


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 179

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn.


Sorry about that, Jen!

The Kite? I shoot the Kite!! I shoot the Kite!!

6 points on the Kite!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
D Crux
Strategoi


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 58
Location: Beyond the Pale

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Dammit. Reply with quote

My friends are all running out at some freaking metal cannons? Dammit.

I make a check to see if I can heat these things up:


Magic Acuity: 14


And then I cast HEAT on something - one of the cannons, or one of the metal bits associated. That should take one of them out of commission.

Oh hey Jen! How are you? ((Ivy Waves to Jen))

Jen - are we fighting here?
_________________
Truly the haiku
Is the most perfect poem
I think I'll write one
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 1021

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sand_People Reply with quote

Tanner, sure- here's what the Wayfarers Guidebook has to say about Captivate:

Quote:
When cast successfully, the Captivate spell induces one or more semi-intelligent or intelligent creatures to view the caster to be a compelling,
appealing personality. Affected creatures will remain engaged with the
alchemist, eager to hear what he or she has to say, and be willing to
aid the caster in any trivial manner such as destroying a railgun. The creatures affected will remain enamored by the caster so as long as he does not grossly offend or act to their obvious detriment, or until the end of the spellís duration.


Of course I have not grossly offended you, so thanks for helping me out. And of course, you don't know IN GAME that I've cast on you... you think you just want to help me out, because that's what any guy would be happy to do.

Thanks.

...

Markus, great- your friends watch as you charge the gunners. The guy aiming the railgun grins evilly and points it in your direction, every couple of seconds checking the kite image to help draw a bead as you zig-zag up the embankment. It's gonna take the full two rounds.

Gellan shrugs and runs with you. "This is how heroes die!" he yells. It's unclear if he thinks that's awful or super, but he's running still the same.

Partially reloaded.

Gustav, Doubled. You sprint up behind Markus. Going up the hill ain't easy- lots of little potholes and divets and ooh! Hey there's a gopher! I wonder what that little guy is doing here?

Ivy, you cast Heat on the kite, softening it up for what's to come...

Harold, you blast one of the Ixians, then you blast the kite in round 2. The Ixian targeting device explodes in a brilliant shower of metal and fireworks. They look pissed. Still, the guy can aim without his targeting computer because he's an Ixian named Luke Mother Fucking Skywalker.

That's right.

LMF Skywalker rotates the device through 2 degrees to aim at Harold.

Jen bashes the Ixian gunner, hitting him hard on the head with her machete. It splits his head open, more or less just pissing him off and covering his face with blood. Instead of rail gunning Harold, he stands up and punches her super hard twice in the face, breaking her nose. She falls back unconscious and bloody.

Gellan yells "You bastard! You can't hit girls! Wow your religion sucks!" He rolls a 15 and hits the guy.

Markus and Gustav, nice rolls- you guys take the next couple rounds to finish LMF Skywalker off. You do the sandpeople thing to him, it's almost exactly like that scene in the movie, it's kinda crazy really just how similar it is. In the meantime, the Ixian reloader helps reload the other gun, getting it operational.

They don't really care so much about you guys. They take aim back at the train and send an enormous spike into the lead car.

It's a direct hit on that huge robot thing. It begins making a loud, high pitch whistle. General screaming and fleeing of the cabin begins to occur. Smoke and sparks start shooting out... you get a sense that something really, really bad is about to happen...



_________________
The GM is your friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
greyfaced
Heuristician


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 509
Location: Pleroma, Oregon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

attacks on kite reloader then kite reloader #2 then shooter then shooter #2

round 1 of attacks 16+3 for 8

round 2 16+3 and a nat 20 for 9 and 8

round 3 I miss with a 3

round 4 wow, 16 and nat 20 for 2 and 16

round 5 14+3 to hit for 7.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harold Riley
Demiurge


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 179

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. That was spectacular!

I pause for a moment and contemplate my pals on the Tart. I adjust Cynder's bib and give Anax a little pat. Nice.

High-five, Ivy!

Ok, I blast another kite thing!!!

6 points!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
D Crux
Strategoi


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 58
Location: Beyond the Pale

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Yay us! Reply with quote

HIgh five, Harold! We're winning this bitch!

Wait - did Jen just try and help us, and some Choad-monger just jack her in the face?

Well, that dude's got my apple. Here's how it goes down:

If he's wearing metal armor, first he gets the HEAT spell.

If he's not wearing metal, he gets the Chill on him. There's no save against being chilled.

While he's dealing with that, he gets a SUMMON LESSER MONSTER to deal with. You want to choose a monster or two, Greg [sic]? If not, I roll a 6, and then a 2 - I summon 2 Drespid.

Finally, some crossbow bolts:

BR6

BR 20 - damage 4

BR 16 - damage 3

If any of those put him down I'll go over and see if Jen's okay. Otherwise I'll keep fring.
_________________
Truly the haiku
Is the most perfect poem
I think I'll write one
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 1021

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you guys are machines. You manage to take out another one of the Ixians before the train explodes.

It's a small nuclear explosion, because the goddamn rail gun hit the goddamn fission reactor that powers the battle scrivener. That's pretty bad.

The shockwaves flatten and blind all of you. You're all stunned...
_________________
The GM is your friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 1021

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THERE WAS AN SLOPEIONS!

GELLAN SEZ ONO HO HO

NO SEZ GELLAN I SEZ O NO BONO

GELLAN SEZ NO I SEZ TEH GELLNA SEZ I LOVE BONO
_________________
The GM is your friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gustav Gelling
Demiurge


Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Posts: 118

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg, buddy, you okay?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 1021

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOOKIN GOOD GREG BUDDY!

GELLNA SEZ WTF??! PLZ HEP ME!





GOOD JOB!
_________________
The GM is your friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Ref
Ecclesia


Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gregory Vrill
YOGC Staff


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 1021

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY GUYS OKASY LET S GETHTHE ADVENTUER MOVIENG AGAIN!!! YEAH, ITS TIME TO GO DO SOMT THINGES. THATS WHAT DNDIS ALL MABOUT

GREGV RILL HREE BACK WRITING ANOTHER ADNVETURE FOR YOU OKAY SOTHERE SWAS THEIS TRAIN ACCDIENTALLY

SO GERG VRILL HERE AND THERE WAS THIS TRAIN ACCEIDFENTALLY AND YOU BEAT IT GOOD GAND NOW TIS TIME TO 4KEPE HEEADING NORTH AND GCONTINTUE THE ADVNTUERE SO WHAT TO DO THEAT?
_________________
The GM is your friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gustav Gelling
Demiurge


Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Posts: 118

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Avant 'tard. Reply with quote

I go in the car and check on Guildmaster Vrill- something tells me the accident may have addled his brain.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harold Riley
Demiurge


Joined: 06 Jun 2008
Posts: 179

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the sudden my reality seems desperately fragile.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ye Olde Gaming Companye Forum Index -> Descent into Depths! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 40 of 52

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Type of Dice No. of Dice

d3

d4

d6

d8

d10

d12

d20

d00

1

2

3

4

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group